Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp And Juliet Balconies

Man's got to know his limitations. We are not destined to do all jobs, just the ones we want to do. I have turned down a lot of jobs in my time.

Greig Avinou
Personally they should know better as the hire the equipment out!
Even if you google ppe for cherry pickers all hire firms say that a hat, harness, glasses, gloves and ear protection must be worn.

I personally would argue the ear protection for safety reasons, not hearing anyone call to you etc

Personally they should know better as the hire the equipment out!
Even if you google ppe for cherry pickers all hire firms say that a hat, harness, glasses, gloves and ear protection must be worn.

I personally would argue the ear protection for safety reasons, not hearing anyone call to you etc
Greig's been a naughty boy

Unless I was going to make 2k for a few days work, even after hiring a picker, then I would consider it. I too have turned down jobs, one of which was a school in Leeds, you have never seen a canteen like it. All glass and parts of it 40ft up... Last window cleaning company had to use a cherry picker... and drive it inside the canteen area. The amount of fixed chairs you would have to unscrew to get around. I just could not be bothered with it personally.

If their paying what I want for doing the job, I'm there, not keen on going above 100 ft and sometimes jobs like that are better done from the outside. You wouldn't get access inside every flat when you needed to. These maintenance company charge the owners a fair wack for looking after the building. If you have a ticket to use a cherry picker it's worth keeping it for jobs like this. Just price it really carefully

Back