Did my first ever WFP clean today...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Cleanz, Mar 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

And it was a right mess lol.

Luckily it was only practice on my windows (town house). I did the frames over about 3 times on each window - gave all the windows a good scrub and rinsed each window twice but it's not only littered with runs and spotting but a lot of it looks like I haven't even cleaned it : smears around the edges, kind of like if you scrim fairy on a hot day and what looks like fine dust still on the windows.

I know it's going to take some time to get used to, I've watched so many videos/read threads on here, not gonna get disheartened but would like to rectify it asap as I had planned to go out and use it on Monday.

Also, I seem to be using a tonne of water (Gardiners backpack), went through 2x 25l drums just doing my house - I only have 7 25l drums! So I'm going to need a shed load.... I guess to start with I could just WFP tops and trad downstairs to save some water but still...

Any ideas where I'm going wrong/what I could do

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hey you just put me right off wfp......hope it works out i am just lurking and learning at the mo....will let you do the hard work and then i may commit....

3. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Once I learn the ropes, I'll do you a specially designed course. I warn you though I don't come cheap ;)

4. digger

digger Guest

Funny enough, same thing happened to me today. weather fine, TDS fine runs everywhere,not fine!!!! Any suggestions, reasonably new to WFP.HELP

5. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Start with the obvious how pure is your water ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

It's 000ppm, I did make it a couple of weeks back but stored in the garage and made sure it's 0 before starting.

7. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Right no problem there then. What sort of frames ? Was the water running of a milky colour

8. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Upvc plastic frames. Odd you should say about the milky colour, it did run milky on one of the windows but that was only like for the first scrub- it was then clear after that. Didn't notice it on any of the other windows.

9. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

A quick easy test to do before you start is to just lick yea finger and rub the frame if you get a white mark on your finger you know your going to get it running on to the glass. If thats the case what I usually do is wash the frame rinse the glass move onto the next couple of frames then go back to the first and wash the glass only then rinse, rinse and more rinse and try not to wet the frame.

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

this problem seems to be fairly common since all the storms since xmas and it seems to be leaving a greasy film on the glass which is next to impossible to clean with pure only , so i check the glass on each job now and if its greasy i treat as a deep clean with a good scrub with some ubix and its comes up great

Advertisement