Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi All Steve From Hampshire

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spmonkay

Hi all, My current boss is making my life hell at the mo. I am really interested in going out on my own and being my own boss. So i thought id look into window cleaning as a business. I am after some advice on getting started super quick and drumming up some work in double quick time.What equipment I need. Was looking at WFP. Have been looking around the site for a couple of days and am not sure on a few things so if someone could explain in real basic terms what I need to get started and a basic procedure and advice for starting from scratch. What is this di and resin etc?? I am a total newbie!! Help!! LOL!!

Hey mate how much money are u spending to start out? Di n resin purify the water mate u need a tds meter to measure your water reading if your water is higher then 130 then u will need a ro definately .... search it on google i only use a di and whete are u from? Are u going to be 100% wfp ???

Hi Steve welcome to the forum, the first thing you need to do is get a TDS meter to find out you ppm of your water if it's soft a DI vessel filled with resin will purify your water if it's high ppm you will need a RO system. Mine water sits between 110-130ppm and I use a DI vessel.

Hey mate how much money are u spending to start out? Di n resin purify the water mate u need a tds meter to measure your water reading if your water is higher then 130 then u will need a ro definately .... search it on google i only use a di and whete are u from? Are u going to be 100% wfp ???
How much would i need to get a reasonable setup? I think i probably will be 100% wfp as Im not overly keen on heights so ladder work is a no no!! Thanks all for the quick posts this site really does look like the money!! Im from Southampton!! Premiership new boys!!!

I think if you have no kit at all you would get set up for around £1000/£1500 I would suggest if your a going full wfp to get a van mount forget backpacks and trolleys

I think if you have no kit at all you would get set up for around £1000/£1500 I would suggest if your a going full wfp to get a van mount forget backpacks and trolleys
I think I might be able to stretch to that!! Is there or could anyone supply me with a list of recommended equipment that I would need?

Cheeki paul /emoticons/tongue.png loool dont be dafttt dropped on ma head lmaoooo n i agree with paul go for a van mount ,,, im only wfp aswell been trading for just over 3 months and i got 109 customers /emoticons/smile.png i started with a trolley but regretted it .... Van mount is the way forward mate

Cheeki paul /emoticons/tongue.png loool dont be dafttt dropped on ma head lmaoooo n i agree with paul go for a van mount ,,, im only wfp aswell been trading for just over 3 months and i got 109 customers /emoticons/smile.png i started with a trolley but regretted it .... Van mount is the way forward mate
Great, thanks. Any recommendations and wheres the best place to purchase from??

I would get it all from one place because the connections can be tricky of you don't know what you looking for, the main thing are baffled tank, pump 100psi preferably, pump controller (can buy these as a package, DI vessel maybe a RO, a water fed pole a battery( leisure ) split charger for your battery to charge off your van 100m micro/minibore hose and reel Something to secure your tank down with then all your connections.

Can think of anything else

Put window cleaning warehouse in google there I loads of others who supply the kit as well

Where abouts in Southampton are you from? I used to live in Hedge End. Miss Southampton lots.

Back