Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SLX 22 Vs Super Max 22

I got an SLX 22 last year and it's starting to get a little battered so I think I'm going to replace it this summer. Before I do I wanted to know whether it's worth the extra £100 to go for the Super Max. The colour looks cooler (stupid reason I know) but what else makes it more expensive? Is the carbon fibre mix better so it's lighter? I don't find the SLX heavy at all though.

Thoughts or experiences for those of you have had/have both?

Looking through the comparison chart on G's website it seems the SM is heavy and slightly wider which I assume means it's more rigid?

Pole Specifications - Water-Fed Poles & Brushes - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

I haven't used either at 22ft I Belive the smax will be stiffer.

I have a 22extreme and I really rate it very light and stiff they are exspensive but if it's you that is using it and look after it ,it will last you well.

I haven't used either at 22ft I Belive the smax will be stiffer.I have a 22extreme and I really rate it very light and stiff they are exspensive but if it's you that is using it and look after it ,it will last you well.
I used my 22 at full length today and it's a little bouncy (wind probably didn't help) but it's only at full two or three times a month.

You will struggle to find a better pole for the money than the slx range at 22 ft the flex will be minimal.

I have a dodgy shoulder so bought an extreme last year my poles are a mix of slx's and extreme's for long days and due to the shoulder injury given the choice I will always reach for the extreme but at 22ft I think the slx is just fine and a good pole.

You will struggle to find a better pole for the money than the slx range at 22 ft the flex will be minimal.I have a dodgy shoulder so bought an extreme last year my poles are a mix of slx's and extreme's for long days and due to the shoulder injury given the choice I will always reach for the extreme but at 22ft I think the slx is just fine and a good pole.
I've had a repetitive strain injury on my right shoulder that bothered me for a good couple of years, I stripped down an SLX30 so I just use the first 4 parts now and add the other 2 if I'm doing 3 storey or the odd skylight window.

How long are you getting out of the Extreme poles?

I know the SLX range are more robust but if the extreme is looked after and can last a fair amount of time I'm thinking that will ease any niggles in the rotator cuff and could be worth the x2 price tag.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If the extra weight isn't a issue go with the S-max I haven't used the new Super Max but have a old one about 4 years old now and its a rock solid pole .

My everyday 22ft pole at the moment is a mix of a Series II Xtreme (metal bands) , Series 3 Xtreme 1 section and 1 SLX section and the wear rate if you don't do full service every 2 weeks is pretty rapid on the Series 3 & SLX sections over the metal band sections

To be fair if a slx is looking ropey after a year. An extream would last about 6 weeks. Iv had my slx 22 for 3 years and my mate had it 2 year's before me. Still works fine and I'm not the best for packing gear away. Iv only broken one bottom clamp in that time and that was standing on a garden wall with it full stretch across a Connie roof and weighing down on it for more scrubbing power. Before I used chemicals.

I've had a repetitive strain injury on my right shoulder that bothered me for a good couple of years, I stripped down an SLX30 so I just use the first 4 parts now and add the other 2 if I'm doing 3 storey or the odd skylight window.
How long are you getting out of the Extreme poles?

I know the SLX range are more robust but if the extreme is looked after and can last a fair amount of time I'm thinking that will ease any niggles in the rotator cuff and could be worth the x2 price tag.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Like you I injured my rotar cuff.

Lighter poles really helped me also the right height poles for the job mainly not over stretching like trying to reach certain windows the pole will struggles to reach.

In terms of life span my 22extreme I've had for well over a year and it's perfect but I have a few poles so they get alternated a lot my poles are a mix of 22 and 47extreme and a 27 and 39 slx so none of mine get battered and because I switch poles for certain jobs it reduces wear that you will find with just having one.

I also wipe the pole sections regular and store in pole holders in van so I get good wear and life out of all my poles.

i use the slx18 for almost everything the Slx22 comes out as and when needed for awkward above extensions, connie and couple of townhouses.

You can buy both slx18 and slx22 for less than one extreme 22 and the slx18 is the same weight as extreme 22

On most residential work how many windows a day would you need to use the 22 not many on my round.

Back