different length between steps

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by norm, Apr 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

was doing a commercial window clean today and offered to have a look at the managers house gutter as there was a problem. Drove down to her house i didnt have my long gutter ladders but had my window cleaning 6metre ladders
    Got my micro stand off and ladders and fitted my micro or tried because it wouldnt fit properly as the steps were to close together doh
    hadnt noticed the micro fits my longer gutter ladder but not my window cleaning ladders
    lucky my stand off got the job done safely and got gutter sorted

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Microlite Standoff’s are universal so should fit most ladders norm.
    At least you got the job done safely which is the main thing…by the way what do you use to foot the ladder?

3. cheapncheerful

yes funny thing that on some ladders.....i was on a job and the builders ladder was up at the window i wanted to clean so being mr lazy i ran up it....hmmmm....well not so good as because the gap was different from my own i nearly fell off and did hurt my shin bone...

and now for the history lesson....in many castles the stairways deliberately have an odd height built in to certain steps and these are called trip steps....to catch the unwary...if you live in the castle i presume you get used to it.....i will stay on my own trusted ladder in future:rofl:

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Now that would be fun to have a trip step on a ladder :D

5. cheapncheerful

well serves somebody right if they stole it...he he

6. norm

norm Grand Master

Jamie is his name:D
    when on my own use ladderm8trix Smurf

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I bet you’re glad norm you are both out of hibernation now or do you still need to prod Jamie once and a while to keep him awake.
    I personally would not trust anyone to foot me ladder especially a teddy bear :D

8. norm

norm Grand Master

:laugh: the mrs says im like a bear with a sore head sometimes Smurf
    and i know what your saying about people/teddy bears footing ya ladder i only go up when ladder is safe and really doesnt need footed, anything else i have my mate do wile i foot it cus i only really trust myself

9. pfaemaster

pfaemaster Newcomer

Haha, that's interesting story. Its amazing how take things for granted and only realize at the moment of truth. Good on you that you managed to get it sorted. The worst thing about cleaning is the extra effort that you have to put to bring in tools that you forgot. It is the biggest waste of time.

Advertisement