Difficult Windows

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Dan@Windaclean, Aug 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dan@Windaclean

Dan@Windaclean Newcomer

Today was the second clean of one of my customers and the house has a three pane window directly above a large conservatory. Know as you may know I am relatively new to this game and the last time (first clean) the customer text me to say she was delighted with the job I had done but not too happy about said window.

Now I use a 4 metre Unger extension pole and simply fit my applicator and then squeegee to clean the window from a distance. But obviously this is tricky as I can only gain access from either side of the conservatory at quite a distance. Today I feel I made a better job of cleaning this window and hope the customer will be more satisfied this time. I did mention on my quote that said window may prove a problem and we agreed I'd just do my best.

So I'm just spilling out my thoughts and asking for any advice or words of encouragement from you old-heads!

Advertisement
  2. A.K WINDOWS

i have a few like this mate and i just never clean them its reflected in the price given.

im wanting to start on a trolley system soon but never get round to buying one i need one that makes pure water as you do it.

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I've got a few like that mate and they a sod to do with a pole, it's the only reason I built the diy sprayer come wfp set up. If ya only want to do those take a look and consider it, it works a charm and well under 50 squid.

I might add I've used it for some seriously dirty first cleans in the last week or so, whole upstairs and cleaned them great.

Find it here, https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/3215-wfp-on-a-tight-budget-using-a-pressure-sprayer/ and harvest some rainwater, use the cokebottle resin vessel with a litre of resin and you have a real cheap entry to wfp. :D

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I would recommend a wagtail for these windows

5. Posh

Posh Hero

You will never get it perfect. Unless as dodger says you get a sprayer, backpack whatever. I like you tell the custie it's awkward but will do best I can. Trouble is you can spend ages doing these. I just tell them cannot do it but now got a couple of backpacks so no prob. Sometimes they look worse then when you started & 4 metres is a long stretch.

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I seriously considered that but decided on the cheap water fed option, still wouldn't mind one though. I'll just wait till H-Man uploads his how to make one video lol.

7. vertnet

vertnet Member

haha I would have! Wagtail does do the trick

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Got one. Can't get on with it. Sits in she'd collecting dust.

9. John B

John B Active Member

I say to the customer when pricing up that I may not be able to or cannot safely reach the window off the ladders, and see what they say.
    If i can reach it with a pole, I tell them but warn them that the results may be less than perfect. At least then they know and can decide what they want to do.

John

10. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

would it be possible to clean that window from the inside? open the window and reach your arm round maybe?

Advertisement