Dilema

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Nov 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

What sort of things should you look for in an employee?

What thing should one be aware of when employing someone?

Next part - Its got to the stage where Im going to need to take someone on. You all know how it is, you get people asking your for a job all the time, friends family etc. Well I do anyway I allways turn them away because I never had the work or they werent what I was looking for (I dont even know what that is )

Now Im looking for someone and cant seem to find the right person??

I have one person in mind, hes good worker but over 50 with no driving licence and hes starting to get aches every where legs, arms etc lol.

He would be no good with a pressure washer I tell yeh. lol

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

I would put an add in the job centre. You will get plenty of responses.

When interviewing, I just look for someone who is polite, comes across well. But mainly has a good employment history, which shows someone who is hardworking and sticks jobs out long term.

One thing I always do, is ask then about two jobs from their CV and why they left.

Have an employment contract written up, and I would also recommend you agree that they work flexible hours, due to constraints with the weather. Give then say 20 hours to start, and give them a trial period, where you can judge whether or not they are going to work at a reasonable pace for you.

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

it is hit and miss, i have had 2 great one, but rest except 1 where idiots, last lad i had in was over 40, only worked when he was skint, and was slow, but ok, decided to go back on own and keep the money for my self

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I agree blue I stay well clear of employing ppl myself....far too much hassle for what it's worth.

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

You can only do so much work your self though. If your happy working away your self then that cool I suppose.

I plan on employing a few people as I get busyer. I can cover more work, which leads to more money. :)

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Simples sub the work out then if you plan to go national ;)

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Thats even more hassle than employing someone. lol

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I know both are just as bad :D

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I would say subing work out is way more complicated. Theres to much can go wrong in my opinion. You could easily get screwed over and what happens when the contractor starts ''losing'' customers?

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Advertisement