Dirt/grit/sand looking particles being left on windows, help :(

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Window cleaning lady, Mar 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window cleaning lady

Hi everyone! I run a 650ltr wfp system, I filter my water into the tank, it then goes through the pump, then through a di resin tank and then through reeks/brushes.... Today we pulled upto a job, started cleaning and it looks like minute bits of sand/grit being left on the window. We then went home, emptied the tank, flushed through all the pipes and refilled the resin, and it's still leaving stuff on windows :( any ideas what it could be, it's got us stumped, Thankyou

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi Window cleaning lady & welcome to the forum ;)

Sounds to me you like you have the di tank hoses the wrong way around so the resin is being forced out of the riser tube and out onto the glass.
    Just check you have the flow correct on the di which should cure the problem.

3. keir

keir Guru

Sometimes used to happen to me after using fresh resin for the first time

4. Window cleaning lady

Hi, thanks for speedy reply, everything is on the right way, it's only since today we've noticed the problem, been fine up till now, can't understand it :S

5. Window cleaning lady

We also bypassed the resin tank to rule out resin problems and still no joy :(

6. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome Window cleaning lady...nice to see all the lady window cleaners .....sorry i trad so dont know much about pure water.....but someone on here will ...we hope...

7. Window cleaning lady

Hi and thanks, fingers crossed

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Is it leaving the stuff when you're rinsing? How many different houses have you done with this problem? Is it a dirty brush?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So Window cleaning lady have you done a test to see if it is coming from the system or not?
    As also can be caused by fine particles of grit/debris being washed down from the seals/frames you are also cleaning too that goes onto the glass. I've found this issue to be quite typical especially when doing first cleans.

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

hi welcome to the forum, try cleaning your own windows and see how you get on, rinse of the glass also

Advertisement