Dirty Velux Windows HELP please

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Greener, Mar 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

Hi All, I carried out a clean yesterday and part of it was 3 very high velux windows, they seemed to scrub up ok but the customer sent me some photos today showing that the edges in 2 of them have not cleaned that well :( now these window are on the main roof and quite high so having a bit f a problem applying pressure, have you guys got any advise on what to do?

11039391_879552788772513_758236230_n.jpg 11051106_879552582105867_978404556_n.jpg

Many thanks Greener

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Trad them from the inside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

Hi TolishAPurd thanks mate, having never Trad velux windows from the inside before, do they open up enough for me to clean the outside?

4. TolishAPurd

Its easy mate, you might need a hopup/step ladder though. See the long handle at the top, just grab that and pull and the whole thing will flip. just flip it enough for you to get access, and I like the window leaning towards me just less then horizontal (easy to control the suds so you don't make a mess). use the applicator hard on it as there is usually a lot of build up on these things. Squeegee towards you and when you get to the end of the window wipe the suds off while its still on the glass, otherwise it'll get trapped in the plastic 'gutters' and might drip down once you're gone. You'll then need a bone dry scrim to get it off the top of the glass or it'll dry nasty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. cheapncheerful

#5 cheapncheerful, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    yep me done loads like that..

usually the first clean of neglected velux is a pain...but once done regular they are okay..:D

I thought I was being clever on one particular job they were only small velux and the ground level went up to the garden so I thought my banana can nicely stretch from the garden horizontal across to them....yeh...you dont put banana horizontal on full extension...:rolleyes:

anyway I then went up the ladder with banana closed and did em like that but I do remember the first clean they didnt come up easy at all with ingrained black stuff on em...now its simples as I do em most of the time...well in the summer anyway...in the winter..I aint going up my ladder working off damp yorkshire stone flags...and its dark in the winter...who looks up there..:rolleyes:

6. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I used to have avelux window i cleaned from inside too, the only problem is u have to walk up all the stairs and they being in

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

The first two things I would check are that this grime is not 1. on the inside & 2. between the two panes before doing anything.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Still after looking at the pics looks like they are still dirty on the outside to me.

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I had a guy, long standing customer repeatedly accuse me of purposely missing his velux window (which I actually cleaned for him as a bonus, it was never included in the original quote- cheeky barsteward!). Anyhow, one day I told him straight & made him stand their to watch me RE-clean it in his presence. I then told him to take his backside upstairs & report back the status- "you've seem me clean it, now is this dirt still there?" As you can imagine his face was bright red & genuine apologies were forthcoming!! As i had already previously told him- all the **** was on the inside!!:rolleyes:
    Always worth checking.:thumbsup:

10. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

Also watch the carpet won't get stained by mucky water...

Advertisement