Dirty Windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by garry, Apr 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. garry

garry Member

hi all my water is reading 0 but gettin a lot of complaints as there are spots/dirt marks on windows after ( not by me by my workers). can any1 shed any light on this? my water gets pumped from a tank to a tank in my van, gunna test its purity after it comes out of pole as im concerned its pickin up dirt while being pumped. my lads are experienced so dont understand why we are gettin the marks. if membranes or filters need changing then the purity would show this with a higher reading so ive cancelled that out. finally could not cleaning brush head be the victim as we have never done this. if so whats the best way to clean a brush head?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Its user error. If the water is less than 010ppm then They are not doing the job right not rinsing right.

3. garry

garry Member

so a dirty brush head is not the cause? should these be cleaned regular?

4. johnny bravo

try a different brush, or try on your own windows till you find whats wrong, remember not all windows can be done wfp. unless its all the windows you do, then its water or brush.

5. OoO

OoO Guest

Could be anything.

Windows hate wfp.
    Wind
    Not rinsing enough.
    Soiled brush

etc etc

6. garry

garry Member

ive extended hose to 100m too a few month back and the water doesnt come out as powerful as it did when we used trolly ( same pump as we stripped trolley). think maybe they arent being rinsed as good bcos water aint coming out as quick, do i need a more powerful pump?

7. OoO

OoO Guest

100M is a lot for a pump to push through. I hated running off a hose. I love my trolley!

What pump is it, do you have a controller?

8. garry

garry Member

100psi shurflo pump from pure freedom. in 1 van i have the trolley still made up with the end dipped into my tank and 50 m of hose, this works fine upto around 90psi but struggles slighty any higher but still works ( controller on trolley). however when i try and extend hose to 80m ish then it struggles on 90psi and works around 70psi so comes out slower the more hose i use. but its in my other van where i have stripped a trolley down and 100m of hose it comes out slower evan on 99psi. just seem to get a better blast of water using a trolley upto 50 rather than a stripped down one upto 100

9. OoO

OoO Guest

Tbh i cant see it being pumps or hoses garry.

If ever i get a call back, its coz they wasnt rinsed long enough!

10. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

How do you connect the trolley up to use as a van mount, as sometimes depending on the connectors your pump may be drawing in a tiny bit of air and this will play funny buggers with your water pressure. (I've done it before using hoselocks and if was a nightmare)
    100psi pump should be fine through 100m if hose, mate of mine uses a shurflo through 200 metres with no problems....

Advertisement