Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Temperature?

Was around 0 yesterday and today, and got on fine, doing regular cleans, without having to turn the hot water on.

I use Cissbury Leather German Army Issue Over Mitts, which I've had for about three months, goretex outside, leather palm and fur inside, means my hands are always toasty and dry as anything!

Double up on trousers, thermal socks, decent boots, and two good jumpers, lovely and toasty!

First house this morning dormer froze but after that ok that was about 8.15 must have had not heat in that room I was warm tho

Can remember few years back doing traditional. Icicles on my bucket lol

Still, chins up lads, we are officially over half way through winter now according to the met weather dullards! Another 6 weeks and it will be march, which is spring!!! Horay, iron my lime green thong!

I was cleaning yesterday and by the time I got round to wiping the sills they had all frozen solid freezing all the debris in the water :eek:, so lesson learned on cold days wipe the sills down as you go /emoticons/wink.png

I was cleaning yesterday and by the time I got round to wiping the sills they had all frozen solid freezing all the debris in the water :eek:, so lesson learned on cold days wipe the sills down as you go /emoticons/wink.png
Yep in any weather I wipe dirty sill with cloth first then WFP as it keeps brush cleaner

Downstairs obviously

I use builders gloves, keep them on the dashboard blower, nice and toasty, mmmmm.

theres a big difference between antifreeze and screen wash.never use antifreeze if your cleaning windows,you will get bad results(smearing).window cleaners across the pond(America etc) use screen wash all the time in cold weather with good results.think about it cleans your wind screen,always use winter screen wash!!!I also use a car scraper in my pouch for cills,saves your hands getting cold.

Back