Dissapointed with pure f & wcw

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Posh, Oct 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Sent pure freedom and wcw an email on Saturday asking if they stock ge merlin filters. Even left a answerphone message. No reply from either of them.
    More dissapointed with wcw as bought a fair amount of stuff off them.
    Have to look elsewhere now

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I had problems with WCW back in March. To be fair, they eventually sorted it out and gave me £50 as a gesture of good will but it was still unnecessary aggro. I've not used them since although I haven't bought anything new in ages.

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Top man craig at pure

Thanks very much.

Do I just need the 2 as mine has 3 housings

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Best person to ask would yet again be mr spruce i would think
    He put me on to the idea of not needing 3 filters as the granular carbon one is not needed
    Also the sediment one is not necessary depending on your water

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

The Merlin has 1 prefilter which is a combo sediment and carbon block filter. The other two housings are membranes. The Merlin has 2 membranes.

I believe the top housing of the Merlin is the prefilter and the center and lower one are the membranes. If you take them off carefully you will see which is which.

You might even be able to work out how to do it from watching Alex assemble a PRF r/o. Its the same filter, its just the the housings are situated in a different configuration.

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I tend to use Gardiners for wfp and Soapnational for trad gear- never had an issue with either.

7. Jango

Jango Member

Pure freedom emailed me within a few hours, cant fault them, you only needed to check their website. People are very helpful on here, always ask

8. The tattood one

The tattood one Active Member

Dont want to jump on wagon here as eveey complaint is a different kettle o fish
    I got a puref hose reel...blue 1...n wont sell on...iĺl smash it to f pieces with a sledge n melt with an acetylene torch n then piss on it n then bury it...itaint worth a wink.......so called bushes that help it unreal utself.....overspool itself to bits more like...n the ro i binned after 1 day n offerd me a refund minus the filter charge...bog off

9. "H"

"H" Member

Personally, the only problem I have had with WCW , so far, is their choice of couriers Interlink Express. They have cost me more than a days work more than once.
    The drivers constantly ignore the delivery note stating where to leave my delivery etc etc etc.
    Cheeky "barsteward" even noted that delivery could not take place due to no-one home even though I saw him drive past my house when I had a day off and in all day.
    In all fairness to WCW they have always refunded my P+P but still makes me growly.

Advertisement