Diy brush

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by seye, Jul 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. seye

seye Forum Addict

I have a few spare pencil jets from old brushes. Was thinking of making a diy brush. Can anyone recommend a decent brush head? Harris brush heads I have heard are good.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends what you want to use the brush for I suppose as I made a chepo telesopic car brush into a wfp by just adding fan jets to it then attached it to a harris pole.

That simple setup has earned me loads of dosh :)

3. seye

seye Forum Addict

Yeh, like anything else diy doesnt always mean less quality often diy can be a better job done, probably because the person undertaking the project is directly affected by effort put in.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#4 Smurf, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    I initially made it for washing down exterior rendered walls on park homes to save knackering my good brushes.:D

6001.JPG

tn-IMG_2716.JPG

5. seye

seye Forum Addict

Nice one Smurf, :thumbsup:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks seye ;)

I've also found out since a none jetted chepo telescopic car brush is ideal for applying hypo on surfaces too when using a window cleaners rectangular bucket for the hypo mix.

7. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Just be careful of what the bristles are made of. Remember floor brushes don't need to be made from a material that will not scratch glass, but a water fed pole brush do. There are a lot of floor brushes out there that will do a lot of damage to a window.

8. cheapncheerful

hmmm...tell me know wont you...in the last mini ice age we had....guess which idiot picked up the house brush to clear the windscreens of the cars of snow....and guess which idiot now has to look at the lateral scratches right across both car windscreens...so good advice...

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hmmm...I wonder who would do such a stupid thing? :rofl:

10. seye

seye Forum Addict

Yeh good point so that garden brush is out the window then:whistle:. Years ago lots of folks were into making there own brushes but I cant remember what was advised to be used. At the start DIY set ups were a big thing, glad it was because thats how I built my trolley system. Thats the brilliance of forums.

Advertisement