Diy Brush

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Richard, May 26, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]Just had a call from a window cleaner wanting some pencil jets & other bits for DIY brushes, he also asked what I thought/recommend a DIY brush. My response is in part below -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“One of the main reason window cleaners jet there own brushes that they have brought from the super[/SIZE]market, is because they don’t earn enough. They obviously think saving about £85 a year on this cost is a good decision.

[SIZE=medium]A huge difference in disposable income will dictate your spending habit, and this affects your business. E.g. someone with a disposable income of £5k per year or a £95 per week, compared to someone with £25K or £480 per week; with less disposable income the temptation to DIY is stronger. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wfp brushes are cost effective piece of equipment, for every £1 pound you spend on new replacement jetted brush you should be getting about £350 in return, if the brush is replaced every 3-4 months. DIY a brush for window cleaning isn’t necessary, even if you are a part time window cleaner.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Needless to say I didn’t recommend any brush for DIY. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Richard [/SIZE]

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

People scream i earn £200 a day, £50 an hour, £300 a day, £30 an hour. Blah Blah Blah.

Yet they drive an un sign written van, with a pole that weighs more than sack of spuds and a brush that looks like its cleaned the P&O ferry fifty times and has about 100 bristles left on it.

I cannot understand why people dont invest in equipment if they earn all this "big money"

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i used to make my own brushes and for a few quid got a lot of work out of them, does the same job.

just like diy systems and poles to shop brought systems and poles.

i made just as much money with a diy than a garndiners.

with the diy ones you can do what you like with it put jets where you want etc, down side to a lot of wfp brushes you can only put them in certain places

4. HotWash Window Cleaners

You should have sold them something.

Diy is great, it's the water that produces the spot free finish anyway so it doesn't matter what brush you are using.

5. OoO

OoO Guest

If somebody has spent hours and hours researching and developing a brush why would you "DIY" one?

I was called over to a job last week.

"Your man has damaged all my windows"

I got to the house and i nearly cried. Thick black marks everywhere!!!! it was a first clean. Luckily she got the vans mixed up. We hadnt even cleaned the house, the window cleaner was using this massive black brush type thing. Looked like it weighed about a kg! Never seen one like it before. I "think" it was from that beta brush pack. He was quite rude about it. We tried marking a sill and yep it did!!

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

there are a few reasons,
    cost, make it how you want it, put jets where you want. light and has lots of brissles for scrubbing.

but you have to get the right brush, you just cant use any brush though,

7. OoO

OoO Guest

So what brush could i jet that cleans better than extreme and is around the same weight?

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

didnt say they cleaned better!
    dont know what the extreme weights!

9. OoO

OoO Guest

Well its 145g - 165g

So if they don't clean better why would you "diy one" ?

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Advertisement