Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

clx??

Dave B

Staff member
I know everyone will say get an slx but i am just updating a load of my kit

Just about to order v3 backpack and bits'n'pieces and a load of new moerman stuff as i am enjoying tradding bottoms at the moment just as quick as i can wfp them on maintenance cleans (oops going off on a tangent now)

Anyway i have a 30ft fibreglass pole which i use for 3rd floor stuff and most of my work i can reach with an 18ft

Comparing slx and clx weight wise there is only roughly 100grams in it

Anyone used a small clx and how flexible are they??

I use a clx 18 and for what I need its spot on (occasional Windows/houses) a word of warning though, I recently bought two extensions for it that takes it up to 26 foot, when fully extended its very bendy and difficult to handle. Being mainly trad I didn't want to fork out for another pole ie an slx but now wish I had

At the moment i trad bottoms unless I'm working with Damo

He is 100% wfp but i miss trad and enjoy it

I am just as fast on bottoms as wfp but tops are slower due to ladders and difficulty over roofs etc

My 30ft is 100% fibreglass and is whippy and difficult to use over 1st floor height

Clx is 50% carbon so should be better plus only an 18

If i got extensions i would get slx extensions for it but for the odd high window or skylights the 30ft would be ok

I still have my trusty CLX-27 on board but it is only used for conservatory roofs and fascia cleans. I used it today on a gable end and to clean down some cladding. I pre-washed some windows with it as I went. Mine has an Unger sill brush on the end of it which is much heavier than the brushes on my SLX poles.

Yes it is a bit more bendy than a SLX but it is still very controllable.

I'm thinking the bend is more exaggerated on a 27 than on an 18

Maybe not so bad on a shorter pole

My 30ft fibreglass is a lot more controllable used with the bottom 2 sections removed

maybe just get the slx or youll be forever wondering. im after a new pole soon, and thinking about a clx 18 but after having used an slx ill be dissapointed if its a step backwards, so ill just get an slx

I won't be wondering as i have used slx 18..22..27 and an extreme but for my own work i think a clx may be ok

It's just an idea though as i have a week until i order the gear

A.v3 backpack is 105 notes and ordering about £100 of moerman trad gear (see i don't get it all free for recommending their stuff:p)

With a few other bits i will have spent £300 without buying a pole but supposed to be saving for a van

Clx works out a lot cheaper

in that case buy the clx then let me know if its worth buying over the slx as i was thinking the same i want an 18 next and the clx should be stiff enough at that length i would have thought

I'm thinking the bend is more exaggerated on a 27 than on an 18Maybe not so bad on a shorter pole

My 30ft fibreglass is a lot more controllable used with the bottom 2 sections removed
I completely agree. An 18 will be much more controllable than a 27. It all come back to value for money. How much you will use it etc. I went from the CLX-27 to a SLX-35. The SLX was so much easier. But at shorter lengths I think there will be much less difference. I use a SLX-18 as my everyday pole. I have never used a CLX-18.

That said £118 for the CLX-18 or £206 for SLX-18

I think buy the CLX-18 save £88. If its not for you I bet you would get back most of your purchase price on ebay.

That's my thought process

I know gardiners poles fetch almost new prices on fleabay

If it is a bit floppy i can swap it in a couple of months

Seeing as i only wfp tops now it won't be used for more than a few minutes per house and will definitely be an improvement on the bayersan jobbie i have

I am tempted Neil but i have so many things i want to get

Where are you working tomorrow?

Ain't had a natter for ages

The way I'd look at it is what's an extra £85. I've spent that on takeaways in the last week [emoji23]

I'm mainly Pin Green tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used CLX it's ok but for a few houses extra go for full carbon all the way Dave

You will regret it if you go CLX

I think the SLX outlasts anyway ? if so it's false economy

I'll be up that way mid morning I'll give you a shout

I got £381 quid to do tomorrow to be on target to catchup my work i missed on holiday which isn't gonna happen so I'm not putting myself out too much tomorrow

Got 3 new customers in datchworth today from a chance conversation in the clubhouse after training while having a few beers and don't know when i can fit that in

I was thinking of getting a clx 18, for some work, as its not to high, anything higher, def go for slx/extreme. I got a clx 10 and the v3 gardiners backpack, not long ago, for doing some shops and small house 2nd story, it is quite bendy at full stretch, but fine, I like it for its shortness, didnt cost much either. If you do heaps of 18ft work, then the extra expense for slx, may save the body, from certain amount of accumulative strain, that it wouldn't be subjected to with the clx. Money talks though and wfp gear isnt cheap.

CBA to read all the replies but an SLX will last longer.

Got a new extreme 18 here if you want it davey /emoticons/wink.png

Show off:rofl:

The van is on hold for a couple of months as the wife needs work doing to her car and i am earning well working from my car so thought i would treat myself to some gear

Not got an extreme in my budget though lol

A couple of months extra before i get a van is no issue though as I've been doing it from my car for 2 years already..not ideal but workable buty wifes saab has a few issues i found earlier giving it a pre mot checkover

She needs it for work so that takes priority

I'll be up that way mid morning I'll give you a shoutI got £381 quid to do tomorrow to be on target to catchup my work i missed on holiday which isn't gonna happen so I'm not putting myself out too much tomorrow

Got 3 new customers in datchworth today from a chance conversation in the clubhouse after training while having a few beers and don't know when i can fit that in
Sounds like a busy day. That'll more than cover your backpack and SLX.

Give me a shout and I'll let you know what I'm up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back