DIY Heavy Duty Trolley Step by Step/Van mount, pics (PART 2)

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by jimmyboots, Mar 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Next I put the inlet hose on. Heat the hose end in hot water and force over the pump connector. Secure with a hose clamp. Then apply some PTFE tape to the pump thread and screw to the pump.
    [​IMG]

Get a good loop around the front to go into the water container. I use a straight tube that is in the container to guide the hose down to the bottom. apply a little red tape to the top of hose so you know the exact position when the hose is at the bottom of the water container.
    [​IMG]

Then I made the guard from the galvanised conduit. Cut a length that will go around the container and bend into the right shape. Screw to the trolley (as pics) preferably using nylon thread nuts, and tighten so the guard moves up and down but is stiff enough to stay in any position.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, I attached the outlet hose the same as the inlet.
    [​IMG]

The other end of the outlet hose is attached to the reel using a claber/ hozelock type connection and a swivel connection on the reel.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Now for the hose. I used 30m of gardiners all season pole hose.
    [​IMG]

Attach a hozelock type connection to one end and a fitting to go to your pole on the other end.
    [​IMG]

Now I attached the hozelock end to the inside of the reel and wound it on
    [​IMG]

Next I made a pole clip using wickes 40mm plastic weld pipe. cut 2 pieces cut a little section out, wrap around one another, Drill and put a bolt through, then put some foam padding inside
    as pic
    [​IMG]

Then attach to the trolley
    [​IMG]

For the base of the pole I put an angle bracket and a small container for the pole to stand in
    [​IMG]

For a proffessional look, I touched up all bolts and bare metal with green paint and put a caution sticker on the back for accident prone humans to read :)
    [​IMG]

3. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

5. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

To use as a Van Mount, you disconnect the hose from the Trolley reel and simply attach it to the van reel. Use a hose connector and some more hose to connect to the inlet hose on the Trolley and feed it into the tank in the van. No really tight connections have to be made here as there is no pressure at the inlet end.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally a pic of the Trolley working with pole.
    [​IMG]

A final note. Drill a couple of small holes in the base of the pump box for water drainage just incase of a leak.
    For anyone thinking the pump is the wrong way, in the manual it says that these pumps can be fixed any way around but maybe avoid upside down incase of the unlikely event of a water leak.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

What a professional looking unit. I like the colour too. Great job. :thumbsup:

7. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

great job matey:thumbsup:

8. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

how many hours do you think you would get out of that battery?

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

THAT has to be the most beautiful trolley I have ever seen jimmyboots! Well done to you, I absolutely love it. You should make them and sell them.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh dear it seems now you have started Tuffers of on a trolley fetish too :D

Great job...well done:thumbsup:

Advertisement