Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling a business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Siimon

Is there a formula to value a business for sale? Not just round value but good branding web site etc?

No, has to be the real short answer to your question Simon.

The value of anything is only what someone is willing to pay for it on the day.

You might be selling a whole package to someone that has web developing skills, a van and a background in marketing so all those things are not as valued to them as they are to someone without that skills set.

I have sold parts of my round alone for up to 10 months value in the past just because of how well developed and established the work has been.

I always decide a sale price on the least I am willing to let it go for, I have never been desperate for a sale as I would rather keep the work and earn from it than pass it on for a 'quick buck'

As above, whenever I see people selling full packages I always think "no thanks, I'll choose my own name/website etc thankyou". So i would not be willing to pay extra for all that and I think many other wouldnt, so you instantly lose a big part of your audience.

I like the thought of folk selling for 10 times the amount though, gives some hope for the future.

Back