Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got A Canvasser Starting Tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

She seems like shes got a decent attitude towards working for me but with ehr pricing the house up thats going to be the hard part

any advice ? i dont price per the window etc /emoticons/smile.png my average price job is £7.00

Tell her just to say ''someone will be around later to price the job'' or just tell her to give to customer a ruff idea of how much it will cost

You should go out with her the first time and give her a few ideas of what you want to charge, or just give her a price per window?

maybe go on google and get photos of the kiind of houses in the area she is canvassing print them and write the price down on the picture and give them to her and if there is a conservatory or extension just make it simple for her and charge a flat rate for these you will find you will lose out on some and gain on others.most people want a quote there and then you will lose alot of work if you make them wait for a quote

Im goibg to hust explain to her how to price /emoticons/smile.png ill tell her minimum price must be £7.00

I agree this could go terribly wrong you really need to go out with the girl for the first day and explain prices

Once I went canvassing with a guy for his business. I went and priced a house up he got from a leaflet and it had a bathroom window upstairs and french doors downstairs at the back. At the front it had a small bedroom window upstairs and down stairs it had a small kitchen window and a front door so I priced it up at £6. The guy started moaning at me saying that his minimum price was £10. I pointed out that this convasation would have been a lot handier before I'd priced the job up and that while he was sat in his car having a chat with his mate on the phone he could have helped me price the job.

Point I'm trying to make is if it's your business you need to teach people how you want them pricing. Imagine if she comes back with loads of 6 bedroom detached houses with conservatories on priced at £7.

Yet be filling up yer backpack a lot lol. Seriously H colley614 is right. What does this girl know about houses & even after 4 years I do some & do the job & think s&&t I've underpriced here.

H weldone on getting a canvasser on board, one route you could go is to get her to go out and just take names of numbers of people that express an interest in your service then just price over the phone using google earth and getting them to describe the property over the phone.

Im gonna give her a sheet of everything and im gonan tell ehr any conservatory house must bea minimum of 12 quid... and then ill explain to her everything else in good detail /emoticons/smile.png I know what im doing and i know ill be safe /emoticons/tongue.png Lol

If you don't go out with her then expect a lot of under priced work. I did this with a guy who could sell snow to escamos, he went out and under priced for 2 days even though I'd given him my pricing structure. On the third day I took him out and showed him and he went off canvassing like a dog with two todgers, a road full of trees and a belly full of pee.

Back