Diy Van Ports

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Mar 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Has anyone made there own? Im considering re-doing the inside of my van and adding this is

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

What under the van or in the side of the van?

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I was thinking back bumper

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Ah right, tbh they are more hassle than they are worth.

Constant freezing up issues, then when they unfreeze they refreeze when you drive.

I cant be bothered with mine now.

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I could hook it up so I have an option to use that ports or switch back to normal way. II would be looking to just put the hose directly under the hose connections so there wouldny be any hose showing outside. Maybe even have a box going over the hose connections to stop dirt ect going in them? Failing that that reg plate looks well coool

6. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

If you have van ports, to get around the freezing, put a valve in the van and at night connect an open end to the port, open the valve to let out water in the hose, then re close valve so no more water flows to it.
    ( you also need a valve on the tank to stop the water from tank refilling the hose while your draining it)
    2 minute job.

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Yeah i need to look at my ports really.

As i know one aint set up right :(

8. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

No need to be buying/making van ports.

I've just cable tied mine at various points and underneath the bumper....total cost = £2.00 for two hose endstops from B&Q.
    The pipes are secured at a downward angle from the van floor to the bumper, so when pumps are turned off, the exess water runs out of the pipes.
    Never had a problem with the pipes freezing.

You can also cable tie some foam pipe insulation to stop the pipes freezing.

9. gto

gto Active Member

very easy to make, female hose connector and a piece of alluminium with a 90 bend 2 bolts to rear bumper.
    i made mine over 2 years ago and still work perfectly.

also means your van is secure while your working

Advertisement