DIY Websites

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by SPCleaning, Mar 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

#1 SPCleaning, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    I use a website template created by yola.com. I did this because it was a way of getting on the web with little cost and if you have a small budget starting out, paying an expert to build you a site can be costly.

I have not changed to a professional site as mine brings in a lot of work. If its not broken, etc etc

On my contact page I leave a note, sometimes saying that I am not taking clients, sometimes it says I am. On Saturday night I removed the 'I am not currently taking new clients' message.

Here is a list of the work it has produced since Sunday. All work has been quoted and agreed.

£160 Pressure Washing
    £30 Domestic 6 week clean
    £50 domestic 8 week clean
    £150 Gutter/Fascia Clean
    £250 Builders Clean
    £20 Domestic 6 week clean
    £40 Domestic 6 week clean

and another window cleaning enquiry worth about £30 (I know the property)

So DIY sites can work for you.

http://www.properjobcleans.co.uk/

It can be very simple and produce results. Take a look at mine. I am not looking for feedback but I'm sure some of you will provide some :eek: Smurf be kind :D

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

SPC is right, we use 1and1.com for ours, 30 day free trial then £12 per month including domain registration. This is by far the easiest I have ever used and quick too, started generating work first week we had it up.

I have used godaddy ect in the past but they are always trying to sell more ****.

K I S S = Keep it simple stupid! As SPC says it works.

You are always asking how to get work without door knocking well here is a lead generator that cost £3 per week.

Mine is still not quite finished http://greenwindowcleaner.co.uk

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Notice you do solar panels SPC, hope you did a course :p

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Like your T&Cs, really need to do this on mine really but never been able to word it in a way I was happy with.

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I just kept it simple and said what I meant.

7. bluewater

bluewater Newcomer

Ive used google sites, they charge me £2.50 per month. I built it from watching youtube and reading googles easy tutorials.

www.bluewatercleaning.co.uk

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Looks really good, but something to look at is it takes ages to load, I thought it wasn't working to start with and you had put the wrong url, tried it several times and the same every time.

9. bluewater

bluewater Newcomer

thanks for the feedback I appreciate it, I'll maybe ditch the slideshow for a picture

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yes but you also need to promote it, I am telling you nothing you dont know, you have to get it up the rankings, a key thing on mine, and yes I always ask custies how they found me, is I am the first window cleaning web site in my area that mentions residential, all the others just seem to brag about big commercial jobs.

I get plenty cause I say 'residential' which is what a homeowner is looking for.

That's my tip of the day.

Advertisement