Do All Window Cleaners Pay Tax?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by buzzing, Aug 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I wondered if all window cleaners paid tax and were some claiming the dole while doing the job? If this is the case could the tax man or job centre police use a photo of you face on (in a flyer) as evidence that you are working or would it be wise for the person making their flyer not to put a photo of themselves on the flyer at all? Or perhaps have the photo with them working from behind so their face isn't seen on the flyer?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

anyone that works should declare all money that is taken. be it cash, cheques or bacs. and therefore should pay tax on it.

but we all know that in every job out there there alot of people out there dont do this.

anyone on the dole should be filling out a form declaring what they have been paid, in this isnt done then this could lead to court procedings.

pictures on flyer can be used as evidence, but being a window cleaner you are out in the open all the time and if anyone that knows you are cheating on the benifits can report you and then they can investagate you, working in full view of people this is easy to get photograpic evidence too! if they see you with a tool in your hand workin at someone else house, thats all they need. and you could loose all benifit and have to pay back anything that you owe to them!

but saying all that there are people out there that pay all there taxes, do it all by the books, and still take the odd 1 or 2 cash in hand jobs!

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

if you are on the dole, and not declaring what money you take, i wouldnt even think about any picture on the flyer!!
    talk to the dole office and make sure you do it the right way, you are allowed a certain amount of hours that you can work and amount of money you can eran before it effects the dole money

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Theres ways round that, You can claim benefits and still work. If your not earning enough money the dole will top this up, so you can work while being on benefits. Just one of the money ways round it. The system is flawed

5. Paul

Paul Guest

I'm guessing your in the dole ???

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

thats what i put in my 2nd post

7. Masons

Masons Guru

You seem like a person who is wanting to window clean and yet not pay tax.

Your language suggests that.

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Ill put money on it.

9. Iain

Iain Guru

Doesn't it just! If you make money, you pay tax. There's ways to minimise your tax liability and there are a few loopholes but honesty is the best policy.

Unless you're an MP then the laws no longer apply to you.

10. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

Is it worth renaming this how can I dodge tax and get away with it.........

Advertisement