Do any of you do 6 / 12 weekly cleans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jamiesmack, Oct 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

A few of my customers have been complaining that 4 weeks seems to be too often, and wanting to switch to 8 weekly. Was thinking of converting everyone to 6 weekly.

Anyone else done this?

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just put the ones who want 8 on 8 and then do them every other time you do that part of the round

I do monthly and 2 monthly which in effect is just over 4 weekly and 8 weekly but the customers like it better
    Psychological i think as they don't ever get it done twice in the same month

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

I do 6 and 12. Changed over from monthly as I prefer to work week by week. Customers prefer it in all honesty as they feel they are getting a better deal due to the longer frequency than 4-5 weeks.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I do four and eight weekly plus a few on twelve weekly who I charge a higher price.
    I make it clear to the customers that it's four weekly right from the off so there's no surprises if I turn up twice a month occasionally. I reality, a lot of my four weekly ones end up being done monthly. Over the course of the four weeks I'll end up getting a day or two behind or losing a day to the weather or just fancy a day off. I used to stress about it a bit but I don't give it much thought any more. I'll get there when I get there (within reason) and they can find someone else if they don't like it.

5. robin vos

robin vos Newcomer

Was having same issue when I started this, now have monthly, two monthly, three monthly and even a few 4 monthly customers. I offer them advice but in the end if they happy having it done on the schedule that suits them and are regular paying customers, it kinda frees you up to do other things on those months, lets you arrange your schedule to suit you best.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

To be honest where i work is such a small area that i could offer several frequencies and it wouldn't make much difference as every day i work in a loop from my house to the furthest point then back again

I have been toying with that idea
    I used to work like that and then put everyone on monthly or 2 monthly but some people when i quote don't want monthly and 2 monthly is too long so am thinking of offering whatever i feel will get me the job as my spreadsheet automatically tells me what is due when anyway

7. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

I just prefer for my customers to get what they want, so I ask them how often they'd like them done. If they say any longer than 12 weeks then I say I don't do any longer than that. I only have a few 12 weekly and all the rest are four and eights. If I wasn't a window cleaner I'd want mine done every 12 weeks as that's when they really need doing again.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

8. simon

simon Guru

if i'm passing the house/area anyway i dont care what frequency they want, i have three 6 monthly jobs, i also never had a price difference for 1,2 or3 monthly cos it never seemed to take any longer but thats starting to change with any new ones

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Yep I'm 6-12 weekly. I've tried every option throughout the years and found this one perfect.
    I don't have precise days, its always "see you roughly in 6 weeks", that way there is no pressure on me to turn up bang on time, so if I fancy a day off it doesn't bugger any routine up :)

10. simon

simon Guru

i have no idea how people manage to do a full round at the same time each month do none of them have break downs, school assemblies etc etc , i 'd die of stress after the first month lol

Advertisement