Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pumping rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

john39

my friend lives on a farm, and I have 5 iibc tanks filled with rain.

the reading range from 10ppm - 20ppm, im wanting a submersible pump to drop into each tank to pump the water through my di and into barrels. anyone know of a pump that would suit this setup?

I wouldn't know what submersible pump to buy, so that's why I typed 'submersible pump' in the search box and I found an answer that I shared with you. Just pointing it out in case you were unaware of it.

I wouldn't know what submersible pump to buy, so that's why I typed 'submersible pump' in the search box and I found an answer that I shared with you. Just pointing it out in case you were unaware of it.
no probs m8 thanks. I know that to much water pressure will blow the resin to ****

I'd pump the water out of IBC using submersible pump straight into your tank and put the di in the van. At least your resin will last longer that way by having the water go through slower.

EDIT; you're using barrels. I dunno then.

You could build a battery & pump box. Think there's a thread somewhere about building one for a diy trolley.

As ibc's come in two sizes of lids to save issues getting a sub pump in by cutting a bigger hole you would need a slim line sump pump which can be really expensive to buy.

Next best thing is to maybe use a bilge pump http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-1100-GPH-Water-BILGE-PUMP-Submersible-Yacht-Boat-Marine-Sea-/271315424686?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item3f2ba8d5ae but needs 12 volt supply.

Alternatively you could try gravity feeding from the outlet on the ibc's if they are full to fill containers but either way you will also need an inline sediment filter before the di to stop **** getting through. Another way to boost the flow is to add a decent flow rate pump inline from the ibc outlet to your sediment filter/di.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back