Do Customers Like Exact Times, And How Important Is It To Keep To It?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by buzzing, Feb 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

(I have just started out)

This morning, for the first time I had four customers to do. I normally only have one or two. I couldn't remember or record what time each one a expecting me. I got to my third customer and he said he thought I would have been there at 9 I was there at 10 45, he was ok and re-arranged for Wed morning. Fourth customer had gone out. These were all the first time I was to clean these customers windows and I just assumed they wouldn't mind what time I turned up as long as it was sort of in the morning, this was wrong right?

I have a diary on my phone and it does have times throughout the day on it, is it important to make sure the customer is in an exact slot? If they don't care what time - leave them to last? Should i call the guy that wasn't in and apologise? Basically, I think I have time management problems!

When arranging a time for the next clean should I keep my phone with the diary on it in front of me at that time so to see if anyone else is at that time? And should I ask if they want an exact time?

if you are going to be late, should you call? If you need to shuffle times or days for them around, should you call and ask them, do they mind being called and having it changed?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

we never book in times with our customers, unless its a one off or they need to be in due to insides or if commercial has to be done before a time.
    been to one today, the only time he knows i'll be round is in 6 weeks time!

3. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

when you start customers tend to take the piss and get times with you but you cant work that way when you have 200 or 500 customers.

Setting a day that you will come clean is ok and even then if the weather is bad then they need to wait. I have some that are weeks out of date but you also learn which ones can wait and which ones cant.

also first cleans are important to get right but dont say a time. get used to saying "I can be there on "so and so day" and when they say what time you need to say "I can try for the morning or afternoon but I will be there"

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Dont tell em anything the less they know the better just tell em to leave the gate open and thats it .

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yep, if a first cleans been booked by phone or facebook etc I like to meet the customer so try and arrange am/pm but thats it. Leave gate open I'll be there when I get there, I only tell customers I'm coming if gate needs to be open, if not I don't bother. I don't turn up on same day every time either, ever.

6. Luffy

Luffy Member

Sounds like you've just picked up someone who likes a moan or the wires have got crossed somewhere!

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I never booked times, i always said to customers it was hard to give times because of other jobs, first cleans and weather. I only ever gave a time if it was a first clean that really needed me to meet them which was not very often. Its impossible to stick to times then when your late or early they have a fit!

8. harunh

harunh Legend

Dont give times ever say to them u got a busy schedule and ull defo b ther on the day

9. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Some do some don't depends on customer,if there cream customers,(big plush gates,Bentley etc.)then may need phone call for security reasons,some of my customers like me to phone,just keep little diary with times as well as in phone.if your going to be late then ring,it's polite.

Advertisement