Do High Winds Stop You From Working?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by HotWash Window Cleaners, Mar 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. HotWash Window Cleaners

I find it difficult to keep the brushes on the window and generally get wet when it's really windy. Do you just soldier on or do you take the day off until wind dies down?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

2 storey houses i just carry on, just turn flow up a bit more.
    but on my 4 storey i wouldnt do it due to location and safety, at nearly 42 ft in the air poles are hard to control i find

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Obviously there is a safety issue even doing 2 storey wfp work as I've nearly lost the pole with gusting winds on more than one occasion over the years. I've found also wind can blow **** back onto the wet glass too so not ideal.

Not ideal weather for gutter clearing (ladder or guttervac) or for that matter pressure washing either.

Today I'm staying at home as the wind speed is around 24 mph & gusting winds up to 48 mph

You can’t beat mother nature sometimes :mellow:

4. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Fortunately only once and that was gutter cleaning with the guttervac over three stories... Gave up it got to dodgy!!

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Over 3 storeys :eek: are you bonkers even to try to use a guttervac at that height?

6. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Take the day off or wait till it dies down! other wise all the dirt the wind is throwing up ends up on the wet glass!

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

upstairs down stairs i carry on as norm, more water pressure tho coz half of it goes down the walls. i always start at one end and work with the wind aswell.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sounds like you need to change your name to "Just do my walls" :D

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

nahhh thats my sister company, we also have a brother company called just do my gutters and just do my garden lol :lol: im gunna get the JUST DO MY bit patented lol

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Good idea ;)

Advertisement