Do I Dont I

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by dth, Jan 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dth

dth Active Member

I went to my first job this morning and the client turned me away said don't bother, then i got 4 done, then went to another and got turned away by a woman whos normally on the phone asking when ur coming if your not there every 4 week on the dot.

Then im sat in the van thinking do i dont i bother, shall i just wait till it clears up.?

The snow is piled up on the window ledges and its still snowing lightly. So ive said " **** it till next week".

Is there any body else who's got the same prob, or do you just go out and do as many as you can.

Advertisement
  2. shazzy692002

I got 2 knock backs yesterday, still done £80 worth tho. But if it was snowing here, i would not be out.

3. dth

dth Active Member

Yeh im at home now playing on FB and the window cleaning forum, its not snowing bad but just a bit. It just feels wrong to be cleaning in this.

Plus its hard work tramping through gardens upto over your ancles in snow.

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I haven't even tried, water's still frozen, although I've got more than enough in backpack in house to go and do the trad all week (only use rainwater) I'm getting some jobs done and I'll start back Monday.

5. dth

dth Active Member

Same as mate, im just gunna start back Monday, just doesnt feel right to be doing them.

Thanks for the feedback. :) :)

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Yeah write it off. Gotta think of H&S as well. Not just getting to the houses but under foot when there's snow and ice around carrying ya pole :(

7. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

too many hazards going into random gardens once stood on a plank of wood with a nail in it :eek: covered in snow, word to the wise, week off im back next week

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I saw an idiot trying to trad today with the ladder near vertical he didnt look very safe at all .

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

It took my transfer pump about 20 minutes to fill my tank last night, it was pumping a small flow of water and there where large round icicles about the size of ice lollies coming out of the pipe until I got them all out and it finally pushed about 150L out. The tank is now full in the van so I am going to stick the heater in tonight so its ready for friday.

10. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Same here went out yesterday and done a gutter clean with Gutter-vac and even then in the rain it was freezing in the gutters!! Haven't done any windows for a while now writing this week off for windows and get on with other stuff.

Keep your chins up it can't last and when the good weather comes everyone will cheer up ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement