Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie To Wfp Trad For 15 Years

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ricky

Hi ive finally taken the plunge to the dark side after 15 years trad,over the last year ive lost a few customers to bigger firms with there flash vans and fancy flyers saying we can reach this and that i bet your window cleaner cant get to that we can clean in the rain so if i cant beat them join them. so ive got myself a 400L 40/40 RO K-system van mount im going to practice on family first before unleashing it on paying customers. any advice on letting people know of the change and the use of wfp would be great. rinse rinse and rinse seems to be the key

I would start with your awkward houses first, then move to big houses, then medium size houses so on. I would think it would make your transition to switch over easy

Hi ive finally taken the plunge to the dark side after 15 years trad,over the last year ive lost a few customers to bigger firms with there flash vans and fancy flyers saying we can reach this and that i bet your window cleaner cant get to that we can clean in the rain so if i cant beat them join them. so ive got myself a 400L 40/40 RO K-system van mount im going to practice on family first before unleashing it on paying customers. any advice on letting people know of the change and the use of wfp would be great. rinse rinse and rinse seems to be the key
On the first clean make sure you give them a right good clean otherwise the windows will streak but once there clean its a piece of **** mate easy a pie.

Let me know if you have any problems with k s systems mate.I've got one served me well but some people on here don't rate him.

Even got him a fitting and didn't get a thanks.!

welcome matey, i'm ahead you by 6-8 months its a rocky road to finally trusting what the wfp can do and your skills. at 1st i thought using wfp took all the skill out of the job but after a few cleans i realised its not as easy as you would think. be patient and always ask for feedback and be honest with the custys, dont be offended if some dont like it, if you can convince them it'll be all good once they get used to it then they wont look back after several cleans.

as for telling them about the change, for a few weeks before i started using it, while i was collecting i just had a word with them all and explained briefly what it was all about and even encouraged them to google wfp cleaning but emphasized that the 1st few cleans they may have spotting and please be patient, and never hesitate to give feedback good or bad and it helped if they let me into the rooms to see from the inside and i could figure out where it went wrong.

i have a particularly good round where my custys are pretty much mates so it made it really easy.

for the few who weren't sold at first i told a few white lies about liability insurance soaring cause of working over 2 metres, but pushed the safety aspect and also the lack of potential damage to guters, roof slates, ladder holes in the lawns.

Back