Do I have a faulty 4040 RO membrane

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by camcap, Aug 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. camcap

camcap Active Member

right I have a HF5 4040 to membrane, I ran it for two weeks making around 400l a day, my water pressure is 2bar and a flow rate of 12 lpm, my pure to waste is around 1-1 but slightly more waste, my tap water tds is around the 240 mark, after running for two weeks the tds never dropped below 32ppm after telling the Company I purchased it of that I thought there was a problem I was told that 2 bar was to low for the to membrane to work although the exact same RO I had replaced it with used to run at 12-13ppm, so I have purchased a booster pump which is now pushing 5bar and the tds is only 15 again waste 1-1 slight more waste surly the tds should be around 8ish now as it's still not lower than the old membrane which was 12-13 on 2 bar, any thoughts or help appreciated

Advertisement
  2. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

You don't have a Brodex system by any chance

3. camcap

camcap Active Member

Hello mate no system was from cleaning warehouse the stystem is all fine was working great till I replaced the RO membrane it's the same make and model as old one just can't get the tds down

4. doug atkinson

Membrane from the cleaning warehouse !

5. camcap

camcap Active Member

No a different Company but don't want to bad mouth anyone yet as I'll give them chance to exchange it

6. camcap

camcap Active Member

It's a axeon 4040 HF5

7. doug atkinson

Couple of things you need to check as often enough back pressure can be the issue.

Check to see if the shaft is properly seated in the end cap as if not you will get untreated mixing with treated.

Check to see if you have mounted in correctly the white o ring should be the end of the inlet.

The white o ring check to see you have not twisted it whilst putting it in as it will have an effect on the back pressure.

Try taking out the membrane and re seating it back into the housing.

What pump do you have litres per minute and PSI.

8. camcap

camcap Active Member

I've had the membrane out twice now to make sure and had no effect also replaced pre filter as was told to try that, the pump is the the warehouse water genie 4040 booster pump works great as its halfed the original ppm from before when only on tap pressure I just thought it should be running around the 8tds mark

9. camcap

camcap Active Member

#9 camcap, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    The RO membrane I had before was from your self and worked fine, I was getting 12-13tds just on 2 bar tap pressure only reason I changed was the tds increased to 25tds

10. doug atkinson

One last thing check your TDS is okay.
    I've had in the past a couple returned because a certain company tested them and said they were faulty. When we got them back and tested them they were spot on.

The fault was with their system and back pressure. Faulty waste valve.

How many litres does the pump do as this can also have a factor even if the psi is 100 or so.

Advertisement