Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitted out ports

Neil

Got my ports fitted today for my to in my van so I can now have it locked up when filling, I have my reel static in my van and I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the base of my van and want to feed my hose through so when I work I can just pull the hose from the outside of my van does anyone reckon this could work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a hole in the floor of my van, but found that the hose jammed against the underside of the van. Some sort of guide is needed to keep the hose running free.

Got my ports fitted today for my to in my van so I can now have it locked up when filling, I have my reel static in my van and I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the base of my van and want to feed my hose through so when I work I can just pull the hose from the outside of my van does anyone reckon this could work?

Read about this many times. Do you need a hose reel guide? http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Hose_Reel_Accessories.html

No pic on there but guessing this is it
e3480b790feb19d92bc28a6957bec6ff.jpg
but how would this be fitted on the van it would need to be underneath but when you pull it out it's just going to rub against the bumper I thought ?

I thought it needed a 'J' shaped pipe attached beneath the hole that you would thread the hose through. Then it would clear the bumper etc. I just didn't bother in the end.

I thought it needed a 'J' shaped pipe attached beneath the hole that you would thread the hose through. Then it would clear the bumper etc. I just didn't bother in the end.
Did you scrap the idea of having the hole for your hose ?

The hole was already there and is now employed as an outlet for the tank overflow.

I dont need to lock my van whilst working in truth and the back door will latch closed on the hose so I didn't pursue the hole and pipe idea.

The hole was already there and is now employed as an outlet for the tank overflow.
I dont need to lock my van whilst working in truth and the back door will latch closed on the hose so I didn't pursue the hole and pipe idea.
This is what I do, I can literately shut the door and lock it but could it do any damage to the pump or anything burst in the van because of the hose could be squashed a bit?

Latest Posts

Back