Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Choices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

I have decided to go for the window cleaning warehouse backpack and put it on a sack barrow instead of buying a trolley, I'm just wondering whether I would be better of getting the deal with the pole or buying a gardiner pole as I think a sl-x is in my price range now. Wat would you guys do? Also what size would be best? Most my current houses are 1st floor high but have a couple of 2nd floor high and a 3rd floor high but I reckon I can get away doing it at 2nd floor height, thank you

i have been using the 26ul pheonix for the past week and its a great pole for £276, has some better features than the gardeners one,

Are u traditional aswell? Cos u cant always use a backpack as your main system, plus get a mininum height of 30ft pole and u shud manage

slx 25, will reach most things mate if you only want one pole for everything.. sometimes you need the extra to reach over flat roofs etc...

its fairly light for all day use.....

I like my slx 18 for most work and pull the 25-35 out when i need it though....

Slx25 wont reach most velux windows
Well i know personally i wouldn`t want to lug around a 30 foot pole all day.... unless it was an extreme...
25 would be the best option for one pole to start with as it will get "most windows"

At the moment I'm trad just upgrading to wfp I haven't done the 3rd floor house yet as didn't fancy going up the ladder lol but its only going to be done 3 times a year at most as its just student lets houses same with my 2nd floor houses, so would a trolley be better to get? I don't have the room in my van to have a van mount yet because of the gardening work I do in the summer.

I don`t mean to sound disrespectful, I think doing two separate jobs like this will always hold you back from reaching your full potential at one or the other......

Get some one else to do the gardening for you, get a van mount and don`t look back.....

If your not doing masses of wfp I'd say go for a cheap fibre glass pole. I use a 30ft and it reaches 2nd story fine. I could do with a longer pole sometimes though.

Fair enough comment mate tbh I am thinking bout stopping it as at times it can be a pain in the ass but I only do it weekends and its abit extra through the summer but most of them I do their windows as well so it will be hard to drop it just yet and my big window jobs has come from one of them eventually I will drop it once the window side has taken off, I'm hoping to convert almost all my customers over to wfp but I know some won't like it as they have moved from a wfp cleaner to me

It's going to be a tough year this year i think we are starting to

See under cutting in our area. Which is a first.

Stick with the Gardning, offer WFP and trad. Build it up. Eggs and baskets /emoticons/wink.png

On the pole. If you can afford it. Go with the SLX mate.

I would go for a gardiners 30 slx because if you pick any new customers up last thing you want is not being able to reach a window Iv not long bought one and I use it every day with a trolly system

I would go for a gardiners 30 slx because if you pick any new customers up last thing you want is not being able to reach a window Iv not long bought one and I use it every day with a trolly system
Agreed. U always want that extra height just incase

I'm just wondering when I order the backpack whether to get the facelift pole with it and then buy a bigger gardiner pole to use daily and for bigger jobs, so then I have a spare pole as well or is that just wasting money?

i have been using the 26ul pheonix for the past week and its a great pole for £276, has some better features than the gardeners one,
like the clamps, i can use these one handed and im not scared to let the pole collapse onto my hands unlike other poles out there.

the clx is a good pole its amongst the best and its very good value /emoticons/smile.png
dont waste ya money mate, i got some photos if you wanna see what 400-500 hrs of work can do to these poles. personal opinion though.

When I got the backpack deal from WCW I paid a bit extra for the 22ft hybrid and I am very happy with it. Fully extended it is quite flexy but its still great for the money.

Why invest in your pole? U need a good system first get n e fin with a good pump n ull be fyn , backpack pumps dont last long mate

hey my backpacks been going since i started in a few years ago. only issue is u gotta change the batteries more.

Latest Posts

Back