Other Do my boss pay enough for me ?

Discussion in 'Other' started by donatas, Jul 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. donatas

donatas Newcomer

I work as I window cleaner for one guy and he have a big round more than 1000 customers and plus gutters ect.. its just 2 of us him and me and his daily target is around 600 pounds and he pays me 80 pounds you think I should start my own bussines instead of 80 quid ?

Advertisement
  2. donatas

donatas Newcomer

and plus no holiday pay for me

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

stay where you are

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you are happy with 80 quid then stay
    If you are not happy either have a discussion about wages with him or do something else

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

It will take you about 3-5 years to build a good reliable client base of 1000 customers to rival that of you boss.

Boss aims for £600 per day.
    Less £120 tax
    Less £80 for you
    Less £100 for water supplies insurances fuel etc.
    That's half the money gone already without a detailed review of costing break down.

Never as simple as boss makes me work and get's loads of wedge it's not fair!

Perhaps go to boss and say:
    I work hard. I am loyal. I am good at my job. Your customers like me. I would like an extra £20 per day.

If the above points are true he may well say yes.

Just remember he is already paying you over minimum wage and living wage.

Proceed with caution. Greed can backfire.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

If theres no holiday pay then you must not have a contract of employment and youre probably getting cash in hand.

£400 per week cash in your hand isnt bad at all if your not paying tax or owt on it, would take you a fair while to come home with 400 profit every week when you add in expenses and all the other joys of running a business.

400 in hand, no stress, turn up clean and go home, doesnt sound such a bad deal.

not that you can live this way forever, youll never get a mortgage etc whilst technically unemployed and i cant condone raping the system either.

If you are legit employed then why no holiday pay?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I always suggest working for yourself, but it will take awhile to get to the same place you are now, £80 a day is pretty decent when you don't have to worry about getting customers/chasing payments/keeping vehicle on the road and a hundred other things you don't realise it takes when running a business.

Also! rotate that bow arm elbow its not bent straight, you need to rotate it clockwise, and need more back tension imagine someone is pushing on your elbow and your pushing it backwards.

8. donatas

donatas Newcomer

I don't

9. donatas

donatas Newcomer

All above might be correct but insurance and water doesn't cost him 3000 pounds a month man he have fixed water witch is 50 pounds a month and his insurance is around 500 a year . but thank you for your opinion .

10. donatas

donatas Newcomer

Well I was thinking get a bussines loan from bank amd get myself a little round with van and all .. and if I can make around 1300 pounds a month I am happy

Advertisement