Do not cry about it in six weeks time.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Jul 23, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

This is to all the noobs and those looking to 'top up' their rounds.

'SCHOOLS OUT'

You do not need fancy flyers and logo uniforms etc etc. You need a pad and a pen.

Knock knock.

'Hello?'

'Sorry to trouble you, I clean windows for your neighbors and see yours havent been done for a while, can I give you a quote?'

'Yes please' = give quote and hopefully sign customer

'No thanks' = Ok, thanks for your time' and straight to the next.

Even the worst and shyest door knockers can manage 5 a day during holiday period. On a 5 day week that's 150 new customers ready for autumn.

Get the note pad grab the pen and stop skiving, no you don't need to wait till the signage for the van is ready. No one really cares. Only your vanity.

Advertisement
  2. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Just did 1 1/2 hour knocking a council estate near one of my smaller rounds, out of 50 houses, 15 answered and bagged 5 - 1 one off at 20, 1 8 weekly at 10 and 3 4 weeklys at 8, 6 said pop back in a month as current windy very unreliable and 4 flat out said no. If i get 3 of them that rounds full. Its all a numbers game and being confident during your pitch. Price isnt an issue as ive quoted between 8 and 10, current windy charges 5. Good tip is look for houses with bikes, scooters etc outside, good sign there in

3. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Another thing i find works is to arrange a ckean within 5 days of knock, gives them less time to change there minds, or what i used to do is knock £2 off 1st clean price to do it on the day.

4. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Thanks Green, good advice!

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I will be canvassing in the evenings the next few weeks
    Did an hour or so every available evening this time last year and that picked up a load of work
    Seeing as it's the woman who is usually in charge anyway it's the best time while they are home with the kids

6. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Lol u do it cheaper the faster u do it ?

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

6 weeks holiday is turning into a nightmare for me, the wife who now works with me and has meant we took on loads more work is now at home with the kids, I am now doing two peoples work....... yay!

8. Markyboy 50

No time for canvassing during the 6 week hols. 3 schools to clean plus a convent( which is a private school really)

Advertisement