Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help - Looking For A Different Way Of Attaching Di Tanks To Water Flow

W

WWC

Hi,

I have a couple of DI tanks in my van, attached with hozelock fittings, but I really don't like then this way. They leak even when I change connectors and O rings. Funny, I don't appear to have a problem with any other of the hozelock connections just to my DI tanks.

I have been trying to come up with a different way of attaching the water pipes, and am looking for advise / ideas please.

The problem as far as I can see, it making a secure attachment that doesn't leak, but is easily removed when I need to screw off the DI head, and change the resin. The hozelock is of course the obvious choice, but is there a better idea? I though of John Guest speed fit, but I haven't used them before so don't know if taking the pipes in and out is viable, or maybe copper pipes or Alkathene with compression joints?

What do you think?

What I Use Now, and Don't Like

HozelockConnector.jpg

John Guest Speed Fit

JohnGuestSpeedFit.jpg

Copper Compression Joint

BrassCompressionJoint.jpg

Alkathene Compression Joint

AlkatheneCompression.jpg

Thanks,

Paul

What type of snap fitting are you using? If they're plastic this will be he problem, try changing to brass ones as they don't leak.

Maybe pump pure into your van instead from a static setup like I do then you don't need to carry di tanks around in the van.

One of my di's leaks. The plastic male hozelock that threads in will leak if not screwed in far enough. If I screw it in far, the female hozelock then leaks as there's not enough for it to grip to.

Stumped.

i changed from plastic to brass hoselock fitting and not had any leaks since, there about £3. in tool station

What type of snap fitting are you using? If they're plastic this will be he problem, try changing to brass ones as they don't leak.

i changed from plastic to brass hoselock fitting and not had any leaks since, there about £3. in tool station
Yes, mine are plastic, so maybe I should just try changing to the brass ones - thanks.

Maybe pump pure into your van instead from a static setup like I do then you don't need to carry di tanks around in the van.
I don't have he room for that, and I am sure my Mrs wouldn't be well pleased. There is enough window cleaning stuff already taking residence in the house.

One of my di's leaks. The plastic male hozelock that threads in will leak if not screwed in far enough. If I screw it in far, the female hozelock then leaks as there's not enough for it to grip to.

Stumped.
I had a problem like this a while ago. I used a lot of PTFE tape around the threads and it sealed better without having to be screwed in too tight for the female to fit.

Have you tried putting extra rubber seals in it?
If you mean the rubber O Rings, then yes already done that thanks.

Thanks for your help everybody.

Back