Do The Frames Or Not?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by timbeam, Apr 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

As a new starter to wfp I'm worried about spotting, as I'm sure most newbies are, so I want to get your opinions on the best way to avoid that.

Some people say the best way is to clean all the frames first.

What do you guys do and those of you who do clean the frames, do you charge extra?

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Well I'm not what you call experienced but I do and I think that's the general concensus.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. mark m

mark m Hero

I clean the frames at no extra cost every time I tell the custy but to be honest you can miss them out every now and then . I clean the frames first then the window as long as you rinse well you should have no problems

6. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Thanks guys.

I've seen that video before, made me smile. Perry has some fairly decent wfp vids on YouTube - helpful.

So do you charge a bit more for the extra time or just accept it as a necessary evil? Also, what do you do about those nasty dirt storing air vents?

7. mark m

mark m Hero

I have only one job that has dirty vents all the time I give the whole house ( frames only ) a good going over with lots of water then start again and just clean the glass keeping the water away from the vents

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

I always do uPVC frames, I see as part of the window and dont look good if they are not cleaned. Wooden frames it depends upon the condition. Dirty vents I avoid them but if I do catch one I wrap a scrim around the brush and try to dry it off and then come back to it later. The vids above are good

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i quote for the glass then say ill do the frames and sills and your front door FREE of charge, it makes them think there getting a bargain and 9/10 they always say yes. its just like cleaning a car, you wont clean the car and leave the wheels would you. its all one thing so you do it all. ive picked a few jobs up this week from trad guys who only do the glass.

Advertisement