Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats Best Wfp Or Trad?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

yeah I had a chat with a couple of gardeners and they thought it was a great idea they laughed when I said why don't you use a rake instead of a blower. Why do you drive a car and not walk. Customers I have dont have a problem with WFP cos I got rid of those that do. No I have one job that I do the tops with the pole and the bottoms trad because the lead on the glass leaves a shadow , compromise with the customer. But I dont think WFP is the lazy way its just the smart way. Businesses are in business to make money.

ive got a landscape business having a blower is a must.you would be there for days with a brush and rake lol.wfp is good i just dont like how some go all anti on ladders :rolleyes:

No doubt you will read so many different opinions what is best. The bottom line is is personal choice, and whatever the customer wants. For me, it's wfp all the way. If the customer wants trad cleaning, I just pass it on or say I can't clean them that way. That only happens two or three times out of the year, so nothing to worry about.

Trad does a better Job (how can it not, you're 2 inches away from the glass, can see any tiny imperfection and use a scraper to get rid of any bird mess, wipe sills with cloth and etc etc)

BUT

WFP is quicker, easier, does 90% as good a job, looks more 'professional' - etc etc

We do first cleans trad (but we charge more for them) and then do WFP after that. If they want trad they have to pay extra for it, because it takes longer.

Also although I personally prefer doing trad work, I hate ladders. So I use a harris & wagtail and it does a pretty good job for me.

But yeah on the day to day, wfp is better for us. Faster, safer, etc.

But I'm a bit of a trad purist /emoticons/tongue.png

yeah I had a chat with a couple of gardeners and they thought it was a great idea they laughed when I said why don't you use a rake instead of a blower. Why do you drive a car and not walk. Customers I have dont have a problem with WFP cos I got rid of those that do. No I have one job that I do the tops with the pole and the bottoms trad because the lead on the glass leaves a shadow , compromise with the customer. But I dont think WFP is the lazy way its just the smart way. Businesses are in business to make money.
businesses are in it to make money yes, but another argument would be that trad has much lower start up costs and much lower overheads but does as good a job (better imo) so wfp isnt necessarily the smart choice.

also someone posted that most custys prefer wfp, absolute bull, most customers prefer trad!

it is horses for courses, alot of people feel more comfortable on the ground then up a ladder but IMO that is the only reason to go wfp. people always say its faster but when you consider prep time purifying water, filling tanks, changing resin etc, plus reeling hoses round houses etc it really isnt.

TRAD IS KING!!!! muhahahahaha!

businesses are in it to make money yes, but another argument would be that trad has much lower start up costs and much lower overheads but does as good a job (better imo) so wfp isnt necessarily the smart choice.

also someone posted that most custys prefer wfp, absolute bull, most customers prefer trad!

it is horses for courses, alot of people feel more comfortable on the ground then up a ladder but IMO that is the only reason to go wfp. people always say its faster but when you consider prep time purifying water, filling tanks, changing resin etc, plus reeling hoses round houses etc it really isnt.

TRAD IS KING!!!! muhahahahaha!
I get what you saying with the hose reel but you make up for that time buy not climbing up and down a ladder and having to extend it each time (if you do it that way) Purifiyig the water happens when your filling the tank (30 mins at the end of the shits) Depending where you live resin doesnt take long to replace, maybe about the same time as it takes to fill a pale of water up and the soap up? lol.

My opinion, get both. Then you have best of both worlds. You can then figure out where its best blace in your rounds that wil be best suited to WFP. Not only that it opens some more doors.

I was anti-WFP before I get a set up. Now I can stress how much a window cleaner should have one.

I get what you saying with the hose reel but you make up for that time buy not climbing up and down a ladder and having to extend it each time (if you do it that way) Purifiyig the water happens when your filling the tank (30 mins at the end of the shits) Depending where you live resin doesnt take long to replace, maybe about the same time as it takes to fill a pale of water up and the soap up? lol.

My opinion, get both. Then you have best of both worlds. You can then figure out where its best blace in your rounds that wil be best suited to WFP. Not only that it opens some more doors.

I was anti-WFP before I get a set up. Now I can stress how much a window cleaner should have one.
Wfp is cool when tou learn all the shortcuts lol /emoticons/tongue.png

customers prefer wfp more cos of the upvc getting cleaned once they see how good of a job it does they really do like it /emoticons/smile.png
I think you are wrong H. I think a majority of them prefer trad. Wfp isn't the way forward it's another way of cleaning windows and as you have not done trad you can't compare them. I like wfp but it will always be trad for me. I can see that the window is clean.

I think you are wrong H. I think a majority of them prefer trad. Wfp isn't the way forward it's another way of cleaning windows and as you have not done trad you can't compare them. I like wfp but it will always be trad for me. I can see that the window is clean.
When done properly you dont need to look at a window when using WFP. Ill agree with you on most prefering Trad though, well I have found this to be this case anyway. Most still dont even know what it is, so are very sceptical of it.

''My windows are still wet'' ''you never used soap on my windows'' lol

Lost track of the amount of times ive herd that

im getting cheese off right now becouse my tradional cleaning is costing more replacement alloy pole just cost me 18 quid including vat and then all the cleaning for the scrims and cloths and water and cleaner.

i think i will go wfp all the accept thoes what i do inside

iv all ready got the equipment just i think it will save me time and money

david trad cleaning is the cheapest way to clean windows mate.what about if you had to buy a WFP pole over £200?you will save time but cost am not sure.

All wfp jobs I have ever seen....the glass close up always looks slightly misted the next day and always has at least a handful o droplet marks.

Not saying all wfp are like that, but the 6 different companies that I have seen do it close up all leave it looking like this, 5 or them use di and one uses a ro.

im getting cheese off right now becouse my tradional cleaning is costing more replacement alloy pole just cost me 18 quid including vat and then all the cleaning for the scrims and cloths and water and cleaner.

i think i will go wfp all the accept thoes what i do inside

iv all ready got the equipment just i think it will save me time and money
what planet are you on? your complaining about the overhead costs on trad and you think it would cost you less wfp? lol

No doubt, I'm not saying wfp isn't just as good.

I'm saying If you don't keep your brush clean and don't keep your filters up to date etc etc then it will just look pants.....therefore its Gona be more to run than trad, despite David saying he wants to go wfp Becuase it will be cheaper lol

Back