Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats Best Wfp Or Trad?

Personally I would lol,

Just because you'll be picking bits off for ages, and detergent is not good for scrims

But a quick wash with a little squirt of washing up liquid is fine and costs like 28p or something silly lol.

Also build up your collections of clothes so that your only doing a wash once a week lol there cheap enough
people iv got a water fed pole and di vessel and ro system and virgin mixed ressin bag.

but i been thinking after i washed all my scrims and dryed them out and buying unger window cleaner.

if you say its 28 pence a day. 67 quid a year just to clean your scrims thats a brush head.

and thats not including blades t bars etc.

Right but with wfp you have

Running expensies:

the cost water (you use a lot more than me)

Cost of ressin

Cost of running a van for you van mount.

Cost of replacement brush heads as and when they wear out

Then there is you initial outlay:

Reels, hose, pole, brush, tank, di, van, frame

Trad continuous outlay:

Squeeges

Tbar

Harris pole

Ladders

Roof rack

Scrims

Clothes

Bucket

Scraper

Continuous cost:

Small amount of water

Washing up liquid

Vinegar

Washing your cloths

How can you possible say wfp is cheaper??

I'm not saying that either one is better or worse, I'm just saying each have their pros and cons and costs for wfp is a con not a pro

Right but with wfp you have

Running expensies:

the cost water (you use a lot more than me)

Cost of ressin

Cost of running a van for you van mount.

Cost of replacement brush heads as and when they wear out

Then there is you initial outlay:

Reels, hose, pole, brush, tank, di, van, frame

Trad continuous outlay:

Squeeges

Tbar

Harris pole

Ladders

Roof rack

Scrims

Clothes

Bucket

Scraper

Continuous cost:

Small amount of water

Washing up liquid

Vinegar

Washing your cloths

How can you possible say wfp is cheaper??

I'm not saying that either one is better or worse, I'm just saying each have their pros and cons and costs for wfp is a con not a pro
Without a doubt trad methods is a lot cheaper. However personally If i had a choice ladders or wfp, without any doubt I would go for wfp all the way, even if it's more expensive.

people iv got a water fed pole and di vessel and ro system and virgin mixed ressin bag.

but i been thinking after i washed all my scrims and dryed them out and buying unger window cleaner.

if you say its 28 pence a day. 67 quid a year just to clean your scrims thats a brush head.

and thats not including blades t bars etc.
Get more scrims and cloths and wash them once a week, cost will be about 15 a year

Dont buy unger window cleaner, Use Ecover or Fairy (you can get a 5 litre of fairy for 6-7 pound from cash and carry)

T-bar squegee should last for years, the only cost is rubber. Which if you but in bulk is pretty cheap too.

Without a doubt trad methods is a lot cheaper. However personally If i had a choice ladders or wfp, without any doubt I would go for wfp all the way, even if it's more expensive.
Don't read this Wrong as I mean it as a genuine question, not as in me questioning your reasoning.

I do trad on a Harris pole, and wag tail the tops.

This is why I chose my method:

*Cheaper to start and maintain.

*Safer than wfp, especially in cold weather and not dropping as much water which could freeze over

* a lot of people don't like wfp

* don't need to use ladders to much so safer.

* no need to buy a new vehicle

* less risk of spotting

* less risk of missing bits

The disadvantages:

*Connie's are harder an take longer

* can't do as much commercial work.

* takes a little longer

However I am looking to get a trolley system to help with Connie's, awkward windows and commercial work

So what made you choose wfp?

Never done trad. I have been in business 3 years and started off with the wfp. I trad clean the inside of the schools, and wfp outside. Up and down ladders isn't for me dude. I do agree that I have had more customers saying that there windows stay cleaner longer and look a lot more shiny... at the other end of the scale I have had others saying they don't like it... water all over etc... Out of 100 customers say that I get a year, I would say 6 or 7 say the latter, the rest are fine with it, and I clean some fussy people and some very expensive estates (Million pound houses) without any issues.

It's personal choice with the cleaner and the customer what they want... either way, if they want trad methods I just pass it on, if not it's wfp all the way.

Don't read this Wrong as I mean it as a genuine question, not as in me questioning your reasoning.

I do trad on a Harris pole, and wag tail the tops.

This is why I chose my method:

*Cheaper to start and maintain.

*Safer than wfp, especially in cold weather and not dropping as much water which could freeze over

* a lot of people don't like wfp

* don't need to use ladders to much so safer.

* no need to buy a new vehicle

* less risk of spotting

* less risk of missing bits

The disadvantages:

*Connie's are harder an take longer

* can't do as much commercial work.

* takes a little longer

However I am looking to get a trolley system to help with Connie's, awkward windows and commercial work

So what made you choose wfp?
You cant wipe frame work properly, over time you will cause the window frames to stain.

You cant wipe frame work properly, over time you will cause the window frames to stain.
Mine are fine,

I have a different adaptor which I stick on the end of the pole, its a plastic pipe with some toy type filling wrapped and glued round and then a microfiber which is interchangeable on the top.

The filling stuff mean it compresses when I rub it on the frame and get in all the rivets and gaps and edges to ensure it cleans all over it.

Mine are fine,

I have a different adaptor which I stick on the end of the pole, its a plastic pipe with some toy type filling wrapped and glued round and then a microfiber which is interchangeable on the top.

The filling stuff mean it compresses when I rub it on the frame and get in all the rivets and gaps and edges to ensure it cleans all over it.
Im not convinced lol. What about on ledge? It would take some skill and time to get it all off

Do you have a picture?

Not on me (not at home n not Wc today, can pop one up tomorow if I'm not hanging too much (Xmas party tonight lol)

It can't get the window sill that well but when I re make it I plan on making an angle on it so it can do that too.

I need to make a new one really as the pipes a bit big and its very erm bodged at the moment lol

I started of a gutter clearing service (using ladders & guttervac) so was a logical progression to start using wfp for fascias etc hence why I purchased a pure freedom trolley setup and ro to start with until I got a van tank & 100m minibore hose & reel.

As sure as eggs is eggs my first job was asked to clean the outside of guttering, fascias and soffits after I had cleared blocked downspouts & guttering using ladders and guttervac of a large property with a conservatory. Would have been impossible to do the whole job by hand so from just a gutter clearing job ended up being a whole house external clean including the conservatory roof and regular wfp window clean.

(Bit off topic but I was also asked if I could clean their driveways & patio’s so got myself a petrol pressure washer and done that job too)

To be honest was a no brainer for me to start using wfp as is safer and I can take on more work that I could not do by hand properly. Simples…

Hope this helps?

Smurf ... Great stuff

I wasn't looking to get a van mount myself, unless my business turns to a lot of commercial.

But definitely be looking at a DIY trolley system for the same reasons as you....Connie's, fascias etc

the biggest problem for me with wfp,is run marks coming from the seals on top openers. ive tried everything scrubbing like mad, less scrubbing, more rinsing, less rinsing.cant get i right. always get about 3 run marks coming down.sorry, i meant run marks coming from the seal from the window directly below the top openers.does that make sense? i think on leaded glass, wfp does do a better job than trad.well it does for me anyway.lol! any tips on getting the above issue right would be appreciated, because it really is a pain in the butt!!

do all the frame first & rinse well, do all top openers after then when stopped dripping do glass below might help.

I find on first cleans soap & dirt gets trapped in the rubber seals so pay particular attention to them also and if still bleeding scrub and rinse them even more. I've also been know to use a chem to help stop rubber black bleed out.

Smurf ... Great stuff

I wasn't looking to get a van mount myself, unless my business turns to a lot of commercial.

But definitely be looking at a DIY trolley system for the same reasons as you....Connie's, fascias etc
What about 3 storey houses mate? Ull need wfp for that

Smurf ... Great stuff

You will change your mind I think.

What about 3 storey houses mate? Ull need wfp for that
nope you can do a house or a three story building windows up to 30 ft with a pole from unger i think they cost 80 quid with vat

and get a two part brush and blade

Back