Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting tubes in ceiling for brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

How do most people attach those tubes to van''s ceiling which they slide their poles into? There is a bar in the middle of my van across ceiling and then another 2 one near rear door and another at top of bulk head with the electrics in I could pull out and drill holes in so could put cable ties in.

20170502_201214.jpg

66fab1dcdfa48c206b8e306bad198709.jpg

107d307ff01fb560491e68eda635415d.jpg

Wood along van and waste water pipes work a treat.

Dumb question so please excuse my ignorance (its fear of damaging a leased vehicle) - how do you fix the wooded bar to your van?

Is it simply drilling a screw into the metal bulkhead/beams?

Wooden batten screwed into the roof ribs and standard guttering down pipes/brackets work a treat for us

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Dumb question so please excuse my ignorance (its fear of damaging a leased vehicle) - how do you fix the wooded bar to your van?
Is it simply drilling a screw into the metal bulkhead/beams?
Mine is leased.

Ply lining kit (VW fitted) screws fixings all throughout the van holes everywhere, it's more the exterior they will be fussed about.

No I bolted L brackets to some little holes (already on the van) make sure batten is a tight fit.

I'll take close up pic if I remember...

Back