Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Verbal or Written

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Hey Guys,

Had a few custys pushing their luck recently, one who I quoted £75 to clean filthy plasting "VERTICAL CLADDING"(written on quote) and windows but she expected me to clean her gutters, soffits and fascia and apex in the price! So guys, what do you do, Do you always give a written quote for bigger jobs?

Also when getting a new maintenance clean i'm thing about giving them a little paper contract with my terms. Anyone do that?

Thanks

I always provide a written quote for anything over £50, details of everything they request written down and price.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

this is some thing I get all the time with plastic cleans.went to quote a conservatory clean.i quoted the price 4 it.are you happy with it?well err the gutters need cleaning & the watch you me call its(soffits)this has the potential 4 more added work 4 no more extra pay.as above anything over £50-£60-have double copy invoice.

If they ask you to do cladding/conservatory, now's the perfect time to tell them their gutters are filthy and you'll give them a quote for that too. Then they can't try their luck adding bits on later as they've already been quoted for it all and hopefully accepted already too /emoticons/biggrin.png

i just turn up quote the job they ask an point out and dubble check what they want done never not bin payed (as yet)/emoticons/biggrin.png , if they try it on i say if u want that done its x amount more take it or leve it sort of thing G-)

Yeah Tench, I would have talked her into getting the gutters and all done, but she wasn't there, so I left a written quote on the back of my card, but she was really trying it on. (Sods law she wasn't there). Said she could get someone down the road to do it for £100, when it was at least a £150er. So I walked off.

Yeah Tench, I would have talked her into getting the gutters and all done, but she wasn't there, so I left a written quote on the back of my card, but she was really trying it on. (Sods law she wasn't there). Said she could get someone down the road to do it for £100, when it was at least a £150er. So I walked off.
u did the best thing there walk away she sounds like a pain in the ars any way lucky escape there:D

i do walk round and show wat gets cleaned then write it down on a quote sheet its just a blank sheet with my logo and contact detils on it

Back