Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Connecting to external van ports?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steele

What type of connector do you use to connect your reel to your port? What works best? It's my first time with external ports and trying to decide the best way. Cheers

A.
wcw-adapter-AHAG13.jpg

B.
male_connector.JPG

C.
threadless.jpg

With external ports do you have to lift the reel out and connect it then disconnect and put back in everytime?

If so whats the advantage over keeping the reel in the van ?

With external ports do you have to lift the reel out and connect it then disconnect and put back in everytime?
If so whats the advantage over keeping the reel in the van ?
I was thinking the same before i decided to add them, but I think it's mainly safety. You can lock the van completely with outside ports. I've never had any trouble with my van but I'd be ****** off if something did get nicked. And you can fill up the tank through the ports too

Ok.

U can lock my rear van doors over the hose and there's enough gap at the bottom for it not to squash it so that's not an issue.

With filling i have the outlet hose from my r.o which is about 6mm John guest tubing. I have pushed a 10m length of 8mm flex tube over it that goes to the van on a night. I drilled a small hole the same diameter in the floor of my van with a rubber grommet near the side door. So from my tank I have 6mm john guest tubing that goes down thru the floor protruding a few inch. To fill I simply push fit the 8mm from the r.o over it and lock the van. If that makes sense

Added ports on my kangoo today

Got a load of flats to do and don't want to leave van unlocked

There is a readymade hole in the door with rubber grommet so only needed to drill the black trim

The 2nd port is there ready for when i sort out my small chem tank with pump so can connect to that and spray away with no messing about

Needs tidying up a bit but will look great by tomorrow

20170506_170746.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
waste of time and effort this reel in and out every time

would cost you two jobs aday in lost money , so 2x 10 pound job = 20 aday = 100 aweek x 40 weeks is 4k ayear x 3 years = 12k so your loseing brand new van money evry three years just by lifting your hose reel in and out each job ! good luck with that

would cost you two jobs aday in lost money , so 2x 10 pound job = 20 aday = 100 aweek x 40 weeks is 4k ayear x 3 years = 12k so your loseing brand new van money evry three years just by lifting your hose reel in and out each job ! good luck with that
I wouldnt go that far but it is extra faff thats not needed. keep reel in van and shut doors over it, or if your doors wont shut then put a roller under van.

i actually found it easier taking it out in a way as sometimes you can get a better angle to pull rather than pulling it round van doors.

Either way in reality its probably 6 seconds a job longer to take it out not having a urine each day would save more time so i think it doesnt make much difference either way.

What is quicker and easier is an electric reel.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 jobs a day:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It takes a couple seconds to pick my reel up and shove it in the back

4k a year from picking my reel up 20 times a day

Tell me another one:D

Back