Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bird Poo Advice for WFPs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Had a stubborn bird poo stuck to a custys window today but lucky enough it was within reach for my ladders so I went up and scraped it off.

Any tips if using a WFP and the window in question is out of reach for ladders? How do you get the bird poo off with your brush if its very stubborn and wont budge?

Thanks

We don't have that problem as we've been using hot water for years now, but when on cold water I use to soak it then do a window go back soak it again and scrub if that failed I would turn the brush head on its side and carefully rub the **** of with the side of the brush them wash window as normal

Yeah though about blitzing the brush with some diluted ubik I keep handy in the back if the van perhaps and then re scrubbing

5df626e420142948cd8ad47cfc78b9fc.jpg
3b6d27a37d66fc495fb671d22dfbf2d8.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The Darren Ansborough bronze pad is great

Most times i will just spray a bit of neat ubik or screwfix degreaser i keep in a spray bottle on the brush and rub it in

Do another window then go back and watch it melt off

Oil-Flo I've mentioned it many times.
I bought some last time you recommended it and it is good stuff. Got a whole load of creosote type stuff off of a customers patio door frames and door steps after they rollered their deck with it.They were well happy. Never thought to try it with bird poop though. I shall certainly be trying that.

A word of caution, don't use the side of the brush head as it will scratch the glass. I did that when i started to use the brush head in that way when I started using wfp, and scratch a few windows ans it cost me thousands...bird muck will come off with the brush, you just have to persevere, just brush it and leave it, and repeat the process until it comes off.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back