Do You Feel Embarrassed When You Tell People Your Job

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by watty1980, Jan 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. watty1980

watty1980 Newcomer

Just wondering guys.sometimes I do when I'm being introduced to someone for the first time and they ask you what you do for a living,.i mean I make good money and no one tells me what to do,but to others it's not a very glamorous job

Advertisement
  2. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I run my own window cleaning business that's what I say

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

All my mates are working class like me, anyone else I don't care what they think.

4. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Im in the process of giving up my lettings manger job to become a window cleaner lol, honestly would u digrade someone who said they were a cleaner or a dustman, no, so why feel embarrassed when u say what u do.
    I honestly think the only time i would lie about what i do is if i were a traffic warden or in politics!!!!

5. shazzy692002

I felt imbarrased when i 1st started. Now i love the look n peoples faces....A woman window claner.!!!!

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Not at all, because most of the time I know that I make more money then them in a year! Lol

7. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Couple of female window cleaners in kilmarnock

8. Iain

Iain Guru

Makes absolutely no difference what you do. You have a job, that's what matters.

9. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

i quite like telling people i run my own window cleaning and glazing buisness tbh

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Majority of my friends don't work, but they will always say fair play to me for getting off my butt!

I have some friends that stayed on at school, went to uni and are now working in subway.. Who feels embarrassed?

Window cleaning is dirty hard work, but you will be or should be earning a lot more than the majority of the people these days, so you shouldn't feel embarrassed! I actually love it!

Advertisement