Do you feel guilty when you take time off?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mrtaytay, Apr 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Well, its easter sunday and its a lovely feeling sat here on a sunday night, glass of wine to my side and no work tomorrow. I have decided to take a couple of days off seeing as the wife and kids are both off, so wont be starting back till thursday. Trouble is, I always feel guilty if I am not working. Daft, I know, but I am always thinking about what I could have done......catching up etc. I can remember that I took a day off last summer so that we could go on a family walk. The walk was in the remotest of areas. The scenery was delightful. As soon as we found a pub we sat down with a pint to admire the views. I had only just took the top off my pint when i spotted a window cleaner busily getting on with his day. The guilt kicked in again!. Does anyone else get this guilt thing.

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Do you think in the summer your customers will feel guilty when they go on holiday & you have to wait for your money. I don't think so. So it works both ways. :thumbsup:

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I know what you mean posh. Its all about getting the balance right.

4. cheapncheerful

yep so right mr taytay...which is why i generally take my hols in the lovely rain....but then i like to get jobs done at home and cant do them in the rain....well in theory i should be allowed time off in about two weeks but only in theory...so many jobs piling up at home one day i will just snap and thats it i will be off....and of course the parents need my help too....but i dont work weekends so cant grumble....mind you there is always something crops up to make me move off my chair....grrrr:)

and of course if i dont work...the money runs out...:eek:

5. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Err no! And you wouldn't take the time off if you really had to work.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i make sure to push myself [and crew ] hard in the day to day ,then i never feel guilty when taking time off .

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

this is so true , we dont take many holidays, having days of due to bad weather is not the same

8. norm

norm Grand Master

no ya need chill time:cool: and enjoy some good weather instead of working in it all the time i.m.o

9. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

Never feel guilty half my costumers go oh your due again already, I then have to double check there due! Then when Im a few days late they say I thought you where due last week.
    Make your bloody mind up!

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Needs must an all that but you defo should spend quailty time with your family aswell as children grow up so quickly.

Advertisement