Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Banners on footbridges

H

Hunty

Where does the law stand on this.

A new selco has just opened and they have banners on bridges railings and lampposts.

I am sure they will be taken down but what will happen if I put adverts up will I be finned does anyone know?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thought about this but whoever takes them down normally council will have all your details and I'd be worried about fines etc but no idea about it fully

Where i stay a lot of the round abouts are sponsored by local business'. What they do is have their company name and contact on a plaque.

One company for each round about, and quite well sized plaques as well.

Perhaps your local council will have info on such like.

Looked it up a lot of bumff on it but be all is that they take down and fine you, it is also illegal as against planning laws.

Couldn't find anything on it at first.

I can't find out how much fine is though as trying to work out if cost effective [emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a mobile banner, I move it around the area while I'm working trying to attract more local customers, during lunchtime I move it to a prominent position, I know it works because I get calls saying where they got my details.

I call it a sign written van.

ive got 2 of them signs like on roundabouts in a village for the last 3 years ones outside a pub and another on a main road never had one call.

Latest Posts

Back