Do you Knock before you start ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mark m, Mar 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

I never do but saw a new job today and the custormer asked me if i could knock before i started as her last window cleaning did not and she thought it was rude

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

No I would never bother unless I was asked to.
    What happens if nobody answers do you just crack on or is that rude aswell?

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I used to have a customer who asked me to kock before i started because his wife was a bit nervous, and my suddenly appearing at the window would give her a scare!.

4. Masons

Masons Guru

I ask at jobs where I feel they may wanna skip, or if I'm maybe a couple of weeks behind to apologise.
    It's rare but happens.
    Does the postman knock before posting letters?

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i use to have one that when i canvessed insisted that i know every visit and ask him if they needed doing and he would tell me if i could do them, didnt even do a first clean

6. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

[size=large]Every time when doing inside out side, start on the inside first.

If it is outside only still knock just in case.

You happen to come by a window and they are getting dressed or getting out of shower.:blush::p:D
    [/size]

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I knock out of politeness personally i dont like people walking around my house if i dont know what thay there for.

if thay not in i will just crack on and drop them a txt

if i get any who say oh not this time i will say its a monthly thing or nothing sorry as i cant be travelling around to find out u dont want it done sorry. or bi monthly at double the price :]

8. kars

kars Guest

we just crack on with the exception of a few who are dressmakers, beauticians and a physiotherapist working from home so we have a big note on the round book about these ones to knock first. lets face it. No one wants to come face to face with some strangers nakedness!!!! Yuck!

9. Paul

Paul Guest

The best thing is all the windows ive ever cleaned I wouldn't know if there was a orgy going on I just don't focus on the inside at all.

10. pws

pws Member

hi ya :) i allways nock before i clean tell em to put the kettle on also i think its polite to let them no you are about the place, we dont want any one:blush: do we...........pete

Advertisement