Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you own a Gutter Vac??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

Hi'ya!

Just bought one of these beauties... https://guttervacuum.co.uk

I've done one job with it - a block of flats I priced up, and had to buy as was too high in places for a ladder.

What do you charge for houses:

3-Bed Semi?

4-Bed

5-Bed...etc...

I used to charge £30 off a ladder for a semi, and I do a 5-bed for £70, but having just paid £1,600 for a decent vac, surely I need to be charging more now....

Thanks in advance 

Min £60 front & back, then just add more for sides etc

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Higher you go the higher the price is. As you said you've paid out a few quid so need to recoup it. I try and price at minimum of £50 an hour. Glad you like it as I'm looking to buy that model soon for my regular jobs next winter. Did you get the full works from them, camera, 40' pole etc?

You can wite off (ie put against the business) a purchased item for up to three years. how many do u normally get per year? muliply that by the three years and divide the gutter vac cost by that which should give you a rough idea. once the three years is up you are then operating in a profit situation. probably sounds more complex than it is but this way you're protected from the taxman. i got one with a camera, i think its worth it but others may not. did one tge other day with not access to gutters so camera came into its own

Higher you go the higher the price is. As you said you've paid out a few quid so need to recoup it. I try and price at minimum of £50 an hour. Glad you like it as I'm looking to buy that model soon for my regular jobs next winter. Did you get the full works from them, camera, 40' pole etc?
Hey PT! It was from your recommendation that I opted for this one, so thanks a lot!!

yes, I went full hog on this one. I also asked what the best deal they could do was, and they said they didn't do discounted prices, but they threw in a camera with it which was a nice touch!

Thanks again and good luck with your purchase!

You can wite off (ie put against the business) a purchased item for up to three years. how many do u normally get per year? muliply that by the three years and divide the gutter vac cost by that which should give you a rough idea. once the three years is up you are then operating in a profit situation. probably sounds more complex than it is but this way you're protected from the taxman. i got one with a camera, i think its worth it but others may not. did one tge other day with not access to gutters so camera came into its own

I wish I had a clever business head like yours!! Nice thinking there, cheers, Rich!

Min £60 front & back, then just add more for sides etc

Thanks , Alec, so basically double as I was with the ladder. Sounds about right, my friend.

Cheers.

A few years doing business in a bank yiu pick up a cohple if things. thats why i like it on here as i only started 3 years ago so im getting tips on the windows and its been a massive help. nice to be able to pass on knowledge.

Latest Posts

Back