Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you still advertise?

Bongofish

This question is probably more aimed towards the more established guys here, but wondering if you do still advertise for more customers? 

When I started I did alot of advertising but fortunately haven't had to do any in last 3 months as get atleast 6+ new customers a week through reccomendation now, and I'm not wanting to work 7 physical hours a day 7 days a week so not desperate to get alot more. 

But was wondering if people with well established businesses still find it useful to advertise? And if so for what reason? 

No we haven’t advertised, or canvassed for over 17 years back then I did put a small add in the paper on odd occasions never found it very successful only produces one off jobs or stuff in the middle of no ware , the only regular advert we have if you can call it that is the web site .

I started 5 years ago but stopped advertising over a year ago as got to much work. I do still have a Facebook page and workwear with my company name on but that’s it. Even my van is plain white. 
Still get enquiries from recommendations and walk ups. Can’t see the point in ever advertising again

My son runs a Facebook page, we have a website, sign written van, workwear - polo's and fleeces with company name on, business cards and flyers. We don't and never really have paid for adverts. 

I`m small fry really. A one man business. I have a sign written van, uniform with logo on and a facebook page and thats it. Just do a good job, be polite, reliable and you will get enough customers. If I wanted to be a bigger outfit, I would probably spend more time and money advertising, but at the moment I`m happy with the way things are.

I got a call regarding moss on a roof last week, they did understand it would be March time. With the lockdown I have froze my Checkatrade account till after lock down and I only pay £12 a month now. I don't want to work inside houses or go near people till this virus calms down. 

39 years in March never advertised once do have sign written had a call for gas not long after had van done and that job paid for  signage 

I don't ask how people got my number  when they call

This question is probably more aimed towards the more established guys here, but wondering if you do still advertise for more customers? 

When I started I did alot of advertising but fortunately haven't had to do any in last 3 months as get atleast 6+ new customers a week through reccomendation now, and I'm not wanting to work 7 physical hours a day 7 days a week so not desperate to get alot more. 

But was wondering if people with well established businesses still find it useful to advertise? And if so for what reason? 
2020 was the last year I'll be doing public advertising. But I always mention to clients about "friends and family.."

smart,clean sign written van,logod workwear....and business cards to hand out to walk ups.....thats it.....

i picked up my first job of the year today...it suited me to clean it  there and then as it was down a street i was already cleaning in....

word of mouth,recommendation and walk ups are the only sources of new work for me and have been for many years.....

you always need a steady trickle of new work as you will lose work naturally throughout the year(moving and dying usually)......

smart,clean sign written van,logod workwear....and business cards to hand out to walk ups.....thats it.....

i picked up my first job of the year today...it suited me to clean it  there and then as it was down a street i was already cleaning in....

word of mouth,recommendation and walk ups are the only sources of new work for me and have been for many years.....

you always need a steady trickle of new work as you will lose work naturally throughout the year(moving and dying usually)......
Great post. ?

Bought a round years ago and it’s snowballed naturally from there through walk ups and referrals. Never found the need to advertise as the round has always been on the rise at a steady pace. 

Back