Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing advise

It definitely depends upon when you're based...I'd get £100 (initial clean) for a job like that in our area, but like many people have already pointed out, it's a delicate job. £60-£70 ongoing price.

All the best with it. I certainly found that winning a few jobs like this has helped build my round...I got another one last week.

Be very careful with the small leaded windows. I do some and the slightest pressure they leak. Only use a very soft bristled brush, and even use that very gently. Even I would want at least £50, on the basis it was regular, if it's a one off min £100. Without trying to scare you this is a hard job for an experienced cleaner so tread carefully.
And don't be disheartened by him saying it needs experience, it's just a fact... you'll pick that up quick though if you put the work in. A two man experienced team will knock out a lovely clean in no time at all, that's when you start earning...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

And don't be disheartened by him saying it needs experience, it's just a fact... you'll pick that up quick though if you put the work in. A two man experienced team will knock out a lovely clean in no time at all, that's when you start earning...

I clearly stated that I wasn't try to scare him, as I've been a fair bit of experience with the these windows I wanted to highlight the fact that these type of windows take a while to clean and the price should reflect on this. I don't come on here to dishearten anyone. I put my opinion forward to help people not to make mistakes I've done.

I clearly stated that I wasn't try to scare him, as I've been a fair bit of experience with the these windows I wanted to highlight the fact that these type of windows take a while to clean and the price should reflect on this. I don't come on here to dishearten anyone. I put my opinion forward to help people not to make mistakes I've done.
WHAT?! You've read that wrong so don't spit your dummy out mate and get defensive!! I wasn't suggesting you were trying to... I was simply saying not to be disheartened as what you were saying is a fact... I agreed with you and supported what you were trying to get across!!

WHAT?! You've read that wrong so don't spit your dummy out mate and get defensive!! I wasn't suggesting you were trying to... I was simply saying not to be disheartened as what you were saying is a fact... I agreed with you and supported what you were trying to get across!!

You're post appeared to say I was trying to dishearten him. All I said was I wasn't. I don't think this site is here to get personal. If I've misread your post I apologise. I would hope you're man enough to do the same.

Would you recommend a cleaning chemical safe to use with these windows or just water I normally use a unger cleaner
If you're using a water fed pole then pure water is fine. If they're really filthy then just give them a pre-clean to soften the dirt and after give them a thorough go. They might not be perfect first time tho.

I've only had one house I couldn't get clean with just pure water and that was on a busy main road with years of greasy road grime. For that i used zenith traffic film remover first and pure water to wash that off.

You're post appeared to say I was trying to dishearten him. All I said was I wasn't. I don't think this site is here to get personal. If I've misread your post I apologise. I would hope you're man enough to do the same.
Absolutely I am... I'd hug it out with you if you wernt so far!! But you definitely read it wrong [emoji6][emoji8]

If you're using a water fed pole then pure water is fine. If they're really filthy then just give them a pre-clean to soften the dirt and after give them a thorough go. They might not be perfect first time tho.I've only had one house I couldn't get clean with just pure water and that was on a busy main road with years of greasy road grime. For that i used zenith traffic film remover first and pure water to wash that off.
Thank you all the advice I think I'll make my solution stronger for the initial clean clean and spend bit more time in rinsing again thank you all for your advice marc.

Back