Do You Think This Could Be a Scam?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, May 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Can you see any tell tale signs? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Dear Sir | Madam:

Due to recent security issue, online access to your account is temporarily disabled until we hear from you. You are required to validate your Online access at earliest. Upon validation, you can manage your money 24/7, pay bills, transfer money and set up standing orders online. You can also search and print statements.

Remember, to log in you'll need you customer number which starts with your date of birth (ddmmyy) followed by your four unique number. Your card reader is not required to complete this request.

Press here to validate your account now

All your online transactions are covered by our Online and Mobile Security Promise.Should you require further assistance and to speak to customer service, please dial the number at the back of your card.

Thank you for Banking with us.

Natwest Helpful Banking......

Sincerely,
    Team Security @ Natwest

PS Want to save paper and reduce clutter? You have the option to switch off paper statements and view all your transactions online through online banking.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yes for one banks don't send you emails for starters but scammers do. :rolleyes:

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yep it's 100% a scam, banks will never email you as smurf said. Plus the fact the English is terrible and there's loads of spelling mistakes!

I had the exact same email but for lloyds bank a year or so ago, (except it was written in better English and had no spelling mistakes) I rung lloyds and they said it was a common scam.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. TolishAPurd

I just clicked the link and filled all the boxes on the first page with "Fcuk you". I the other pages were asking for all sorts of info, even your PIN number. By the time I got to the forth page it told me that all my back details were verified and I could continue using the banking. :D

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I had one last month from hrmc telling me I had a tax rebate. Need bank details to pay the rebate in. It was a scam.

This is to
    Don't touch it

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

The lol of it is I don't even bank with Nat West. So shove that up your **** ya Nigerian scam basket :finger:

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#8 Smurf, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Depends how vunerable yer operating system is as just by clicking on the link it will try to install a trojan on that device you are using too. :D

9. TolishAPurd

When they see how little is in my account they'll probably feel sorry for me and leave me a fiver. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

I got that same email. Don't even bank with Natwest!!!

Advertisement