Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dodgy Windows

Gleam123

Quoted a house today but has two windows around the side of the house which I cant reach with my pole.

The reason is its just a small space between the wall and the fence so i cant move back far enough to do the windows.

Ive tried to do a little diagram below to try an illustrate what I mean

l

l < --Windows

l

\

\

\

\

l

l

l

l

If you use a slightly longer angle adapter, or join 2 together you should be able to stand next to the wall, and have the pole nearly vertical. With a bit of practice you will be able to stand 6 foot to the side, and not get soaked too. :)

Dave

How would that work mate, from where I would have to stand to reach the window I wouldnt be able to see where my brush was

Use the force!

With a bit of practice you will be able to feel the brush on the window, and trust your method.

Warn the customer it may not be perfect due to access issues - but if you can't do it with a pole there is no way a trad guy would do it.

Always ask them to check the window is closed, and use plenty of water.

I have to clean a few in that type of situation and Dave is right with the angle adaptor and you just have to do it by feel and sometimes I even got a ladder out to check and 9/10 is fine but is good for piece of mind

I have a couple like that have to have pole vertical thanks to flip fast adjusting brush angle is fast and easy. As said above when you perfect your method you don't need to see much as you should be able to feel it. Defo make custy aware that it may not be perfect. But in all likely hood it wipp be.

Back