Does Anyone Clean While Canvassing

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Colley614, Sep 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Colley614

Colley614 Well-Known Member

What I'm thinking of doing is going round the areas I've just leafleted and canvassing the houses.

But what I was thinking is taking someone with me and getting them to clean the windows on the houses I pick up.

Does anyone do this?

Advertisement
  2. John B

John B Active Member

Whenever I canvass, I go alone, but am all tooled up and ready to clean any I pick up there and then. It's instant free
    advertising and earning at the same time.

You have already done a lot of the legwork by leafletting. If when you go back you are all ready to clean them, you may get
    seen by their neighbours, who may remember the leaflet and approach you.

John

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

nah i dont id rather clean when im supposed to be cleaning and canvass when i canvass .

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Same u can only canvsss for 2/3 hours but cleaning in that time will take time away

5. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

if the customer wants it done there and then then it gets done there and then! i always pick up their neighbours while cleaning anyway

6. John B

John B Active Member

Exactly! I don't always pick them up, but when resuming canvassing after doing a clean I can say with all honesty that I've just cleaned number x, so I am just calling to see if you would like yours cleaned.

John

7. Colley614

Colley614 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting a mate out with me while he works, I'll canvass so he can do the jobs as I get them in

8. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

the problem with that is A, you only get 1 chance to make a first impression, your mates cleaning might not be to the same standard as yours, and B, you doing the clean gives you more of a chance to develop a rapport and trust with the custie

9. harunh

harunh Legend

yep... why dont u just book them in for the week after instead of doing it their and then ?

if u book them it makes u look more professional... say to them i cant do them now as am fully booked this week... so ill have 2 u put u in for next week... the customer will be like yeah thats great :)

make it look as if your busy even if u arent... that way they wont think they can rule u and boss u about :) this is the way i do it :) thats why i got 150 customers in 4 months mate :) i dont clean their and then na mate.... if u do it their and then... they will think they can call u wen ever they want for their windows to be cleaned... make them understand their in a scheduled timetable etc

10. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

lol, none of my customers think like that, you need to understand there are always different ways of doing things, pro's and con's with each, and that im canvassing after i clean an area in the same area so they will be due now or next month, i give them that option.

Advertisement