does anyone listen to anything interesting while working?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Guybrush, Apr 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

With this job and modern technology we have a great opportunity to learn and listen to an endless amount of things with ease and practicality that years ago they would never have been able to do. If we have so many working hours in the day I wonder if it was possible to become an expert or very knowledgable in something just by using your ears while cleaning windows.

I have listened to the whole of the Lord of the rings and the Hobbit audio books, learned some Spanish and now listening to some talks on Ted. It's a great way to pass the time and learn something new or just listen to something interesting. Just wondering if anyone else does this and if so what do you listen to?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sounds like you are a born listener.
    Myself I just concentrate on what I doing as I find listing to music etc a distraction and can impair my spatial awareness especially when working at height.

3. TolishAPurd

I like the concept of learning something new in time spent window cleaning. I generally just listen to my own thoughts, not much going on there I can tell you, or music. I'm going to have a think about what I can learn via audio, any suggestions?

4. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Ted talks is really interesting but I'm not sure if it's available as an audio book so pick a talk you think would be less visual or just check a few talks out in the evening and then save them on the internet.

I was listening to an 80's live Eddie Murphy stand up which was about 2 hours long but had to stop listening as I would burst out laughing around peoples houses as I was cleaning the windows.

Autobiographies would be a good one, Alex Ferguson's I will try out. Not sure if Nigel Farage has released one yet though Tolish.

5. TolishAPurd

Lol, yep. :thumbsup:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flying-Free-Nigel-Farage/dp/1849540942

Good idea mate, I'll check out ted talks, and have a look at some podcasts.

6. Declan Mc

Declan Mc Member

I listen to a small business marketing podcast from time to time.

7. Don't laugh.

Hamlet.

'Fresh horses, Horatio!'

8. Alien Human

The voices in my head......who said that......no I'm not walking your blinkin dog again........yes I cleaned behind my ears.....

9. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

I myself would listen to the radio as I do a bit of scrubbing. sometimes I would watch my thoughts as I clean

10. Alien Human

In all seriousness though I do generally just 'think' and can't concentrate if i am listening to anything. Personally, I don't think headphones give the best impression ....but my round is at peak times in the day in a busy town so it may be different to others etc

Advertisement